Anthony Joshua vs. Oleksandr Usyk.

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A month later makes the difference. UK government still aren't giving straight answers on when fans are allowed back in for things like this. A lot of festivals that were supposed to be in July/August have been pushed back to September because they're having serious trouble securing insurance. Boomtown and Isle of Wight festival come to mind as examples.
Yeah the government has been pathetic in this. I'm pretty certain Boomtown had to be cancelled.

Joshua should be the favorite after seeing Usyk struggled in his hw debut

Usyk doesn’t have the fire power or work rate to beat Joshua. He’s slick enough and physical enough to get to the later round but eventually AJ will line him up for the straight right hand and put him to bed.

Usyk doesn’t have the fire power or work rate to beat Joshua. He’s slick enough and physical enough to get to the later round but eventually AJ will line him up for the straight right hand and put him to bed.
I agree

Fun to my head I’d pick AJ, but fun pick I’m going with Usyk in this pole tho. I actually think Joshua is a good matchup for Usyk out of the best guys because he’s kind of a master of none. Kind of a technician for a big body but not really, big hitter but not ridiculously so. If Usyk was as defensively sound as he is offensively, then I’d pick him with confidence, but he eats enough shots where him fighting a fairly adept bigger man makes me think that he has a good chance of eating enough shots to become ineffective.

Usyk is a bit underpowered and doesn't have a big enough advantage anywhere else to make up for it.

I really think usyk is the dark horse of this division. But I'd like to see him take on another hw first before he fights Joshua, fury or wilder. Ruiz, Ortiz, Parker would be cool but I think they are already lined up. Maybe Whyte, Joyce or hrgovic? Not sure if those have fights already.

Last edited:
I know comparisons are odious & results comparisons are worthless etc. etc. but I still can't quite believe, watching all these bastards struggle like fuck with Chisora, that I watched Haye flatten him like a Mittel European cruiserweight a decade ago.

Chisora is Fury's 3rd best win.
I reckon Chisora would beat all of Wilder's opponents except Ortiz and Fury.

I actually think Joshua is his best shot at a championship win in the division but mostly agree with what you say.

I actually think Joshua is his best shot at a championship win in the division but mostly agree with what you say.

Im pretty much in agreement with you. I think there’s a definite road map for Usyk to beat Joshua if he goes the Michael Spinx/ Larry Holmes route and just uses his skill, awkwardness, and volume to befuddle the oaf.

But that’s not the impress I get o Usyk from what I’ve seen of him at HW. He looks like he’s been trying to “grow” into the division in order to bang with the super-heavies. That’s not gonna happen. The last guy to really pull it off was Holyfield and he had a lot of *ehem* help.

But like I said, I agree that Usyk could be very tricky for Joshua. But only if he plays into his strengths relative to AJ and doesn’t try to match fire with fire, mass with mass.

If Chisora showed zero respect for Usyk throughout the 12 rounds I dont see how he earns Joshua’s respect.

Chisora got dummied by Usyk.

I think this goes the distance but I don't think Usyk has a great shot. He will need to dominate to get a decision in the UK along with potentially ruining the AJ-Fury showdown.

if it looks anything like usyk/del boy, joshua brutalizes him

Back