Elections Californians

Sure. I just think it's weird that we're judging people with power that way (and it's not just you--that's the primary approach of probably most people here). He makes extraordinarily consequential decisions, and they've generally been very good ones, while his replacement should he lose (Elder) is a complete loon. It would have really devastating effects on real people to make the replacement. We're not talking about a reality show.
I made a post about him being almost a comfort because he had soothing words in his daily press conference which like an obsessed sycophant who was shit scared of Covid back then I watched every work he had to say. A few Californians said he's terrible. I've only been in CA for 4 years so didn't really know much.
And I wouldn't kick him out of bed for keeping his socks on, he's a good looking bloke.

Without nitpicking the details, does anyone think that the governor eating out or having his kids in private school justify a recall? Of course not. People should just be honest...

Speaking of being honest...what a hot take, full of honesty, if there ever was one.

Yes, yes, everyone is pissed off that White Privilege Newsome went out to eat and because his kids attend private school.

Of course, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the fact that he broke his own Covis rules and lied about it, or the fact that his kids got to attend school while everyone in public schools had to have zoom meetings for an entire year. Surely the recall has absolutely nothing to do with those inconvenient truths.

Regarding "nitpicking the details" - lol ever heard the saying "the devil is in the details"?

You're slipping down the wormhole of partisan hackery quite quickly. I've never really agreed with anything you've posted, but your post is just dishonesty and willful ignorance at it's very epitome.

And the notion that the governor should be recalled because he ate out or has kids in private school is too stupid for words. Again, people should just be honest about what's going on.

Holy fuck dude, speaking of "honesty" - another partisan hack post suffering from willfull ignorance.

You wouldn't know honesty if it slapped your face.

At this point, you're just a troll.

My god, imagine actually believing this shit.

No, he's doing great.

There's a dumb law that makes it much easier for Republicans to win the governor's mansion by recalling the governor than by winning a regular election. Newsom beat Cox by 24 points, and he'd beat Elder by even more, but if he loses the recall, a candidate with 20% support can become governor. So the smart move for Republicans is just to not really waste money trying to win the election, and smear the winner and hope to get his approval underwater so they can get a win in a recall and put an unpopular candidate in power. If they just fix it so the lt. gov. becomes gov. after a recall, we wouldn't see this idiocy. Also, it's an attempt to try to hurt his career, as some Republicans around here are scared he'll be president someday.
How can you possibly still like the Dem party this much? It’s incredible, and really strange.

yeah it was the democrats That tried to overturn the presidential election based off of lies.

I mean both parties do tons of shady shit. The dems tried to blame Russia for trump winning and encouraged BLM “protests” in the middle of a pandemic where everything was shut down, right before an election to shit on conservatives.

I mean both parties do tons of shady shit. The dems tried to blame Russia for trump winning and encouraged BLM “protests” in the middle of a pandemic where everything was shut down, right before an election to shit on conservatives.

Nah you’re lying again. The democrats don’t try to steal elections like the republicans do.

Secondly russia did interfere with the election. Even the senate republicans came to that conclusion with their final report.

You should try living in actual reality for a few minutes. Might be a nice change of pace for you.

the blm protests were at the beginning of the summer in 2020. How does that have anything to do with the election?

Nah you’re lying again. The democrats don’t try to steal elections like the republicans do.

Secondly russia did interfere with the election. Even the senate republicans came to that conclusion with their final report.

You should try living in actual reality for a few minutes. Might be a nice change of pace for you.

the blm protests were at the beginning of the summer in 2020. How does that have anything to do with the election?

What am I lying about? Lmao. Encouraging gathering by the thousands while saying you should stay home to prevent the spread of Covid is completely hypocritical. Not to mention a lot of those protests resulted in the loss of millions of dollars of property, while the economy was tanking. On top of that the entire BLM movement was the second largest political topic behind Covid in 2020. It was absolutely used to gain a political advantage right before probably the most controversial election of all time.

FWIW I’m not a conservative, I’m also completely pro police reform. I just acknowledge that both parties are shady and corrupt as fuck. Trying to pretend like one is and the other isn’t is completely lying to yourself. So maybe take your own advice and try to “live in actual reality.”

No, he's doing great.
You must be joking.

We literally have homeless camps at nearly every freeway off ramp in bigger cities right now.

Cost of living continues to get completely out of control. Crime is going through the roof.

Newsom is a scumbag and the Democrats have had completely control of this state and have continued to make it worse and worse, which is why droves of native Californians are moving out to different states.

What am I lying about? Lmao. Encouraging gathering by the thousands while saying you should stay home to prevent the spread of Covid is completely hypocritical. Not to mention a lot of those protests resulted in the loss of millions of dollars of property, while the economy was tanking. On top of that the entire BLM movement was the second largest political topic behind Covid in 2020. It was absolutely used to gain a political advantage right before probably the most controversial election of all time.

FWIW I’m not a conservative, I’m also completely pro police reform. I just acknowledge that both parties are shady and corrupt as fuck. Trying to pretend like one is and the other isn’t is completely lying to yourself. So maybe take your own advice and try to “live in actual reality.”

you said the democrats started riots to interrupt the election.

I said you’re full of shit and lying. I was correct.

All this other stuff you’re babbling about has nothing to do with my original post.

you said the democrats started riots to interrupt the election.

I said you’re full of shit and lying. I was correct.

All this other stuff you’re babbling about has nothing to do with my original post.

i said they encouraged protests while also saying everyone needs to stay home. I also said that they used police killings/BLM to their advantage. Neither party lets a tragedy go to waste for their political desires. Same shit that people are doing by blaming Biden for the shit show in Afghanistan. That’s an issue that’s been something decades in the works but he’s the one getting all the blame for it.

But yes, we are veering off topic so I’ll stop. My whole point is that both parties are shady as fuck. It’s only getting worse now with social media and how easy it’s become to influence people who don’t do their own research.

i said they encouraged protests while also saying everyone needs to stay home. I also said that they used police killings/BLM to their advantage. Neither party lets a tragedy go to waste for their political desires. Same shit that people are doing by blaming Biden for the shit show in Afghanistan. That’s an issue that’s been something decades in the works but he’s the one getting all the blame for it.

But yes, we are veering off topic so I’ll stop. My whole point is that both parties are shady as fuck. It’s only getting worse now with social media and how easy it’s become to influence people who don’t do their own research.

wtf does any of this have to do with trying to steal an election? You’re literally babbling like an insane person off topic about nonsense

wtf does any of this have to do with trying to steal an election? You’re literally babbling like an insane person off topic about nonsense

My initial response was that both sides are willing to be as shady and corrupt as possible to stay in power. You said only republicans try to stay in power.

No, he's doing great.

There's a dumb law that makes it much easier for Republicans to win the governor's mansion by recalling the governor than by winning a regular election. Newsom beat Cox by 24 points, and he'd beat Elder by even more, but if he loses the recall, a candidate with 20% support can become governor. So the smart move for Republicans is just to not really waste money trying to win the election, and smear the winner and hope to get his approval underwater so they can get a win in a recall and put an unpopular candidate in power. If they just fix it so the lt. gov. becomes gov. after a recall, we wouldn't see this idiocy. Also, it's an attempt to try to hurt his career, as some Republicans around here are scared he'll be president someday.
Yeah, this is fine:
iu

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back