Social I have covid 19 :(

I felt terrible so I dragged myself to a testing site. They called me the next day and said I have covid and need to self isolate for 10 days. My wife now needs to get tested too and I have to pull my kids out of school for 10 days. This totally sucks.

Lucky I got my first vaccine (Astrazeneca) 20 days ago (wife too), otherwise the affects would be much worse. Now I have only a mild headache, cough and body ache and stuffed up nose. My friends who are in their 20s are bed ridden and didn't get vaccinated. Man...all this sucks....lucky I can function though Im much older than 20s. All I can say is consider getting vaccinated. The vaccine was harder on my body than the actual virus at the moment. After 10 days I'll be super, double immune ready to take on the world!!

I can heal you and your wife, bro. Just PM me your bank details, including your credit card number;)

I felt terrible so I dragged myself to a testing site. They called me the next day and said I have covid and need to self isolate for 10 days. My wife now needs to get tested too and I have to pull my kids out of school for 10 days. This totally sucks.

Lucky I got my first vaccine (Astrazeneca) 20 days ago (wife too), otherwise the affects would be much worse. Now I have only a mild headache, cough and body ache and stuffed up nose. My friends who are in their 20s are bed ridden and didn't get vaccinated. Man...all this sucks....lucky I can function though Im much older than 20s. All I can say is consider getting vaccinated. The vaccine was harder on my body than the actual virus at the moment. After 10 days I'll be super, double immune ready to take on the world!!

wish you a speedy recovery

A lot of vaccinated people are testing positive for covid lately. And having symptoms from covid.
Factually incorrect. The last official statistics put the breakthrough cases at 1 out of ~13,000. Meahwhile, the unvaccinated have been contracting it at a rate of 1 out of 17.

you have any idea where/when you contracted it ?

Factually incorrect. The last official statistics put the breakthrough cases at 1 out of ~13,000. Meahwhile, the unvaccinated have been contracting it at a rate of 1 out of 17.

Those statistics may say more about "rate of reporting" than they do about "rate of contraction".

What site or study are you referencing?

Yup. That's me for sure. If I didn't get vaccinated, would my symptoms be worse? That's the question.

First of all, I wish you the best of health to you and yours.

Secondly, 80% of COVID cases are asymptomic, which means a person could have had it, and not even know it.

If I was in your situation, I would be talking to my doctor about getting the cure.

Will have to wati to go to the lake now

If only we had science to work out what the situation is actually like instead of just relying on anecdotal reports.

Good luck, brother. And you're right that it'd be MUCH worse if you weren't vaccinated at all. And you'd probably be asymptomatic if fully vaccinated. These things should not be politicized. It's a matter of science and facts and logic and life and death, not political bullshit.

man, i must have lucked out. i got my vaccine this past weekend on saturday, the johnson & johnson one, and i didn't have any side-effects. well, the only thing i felt was a tingling sensation all over my body later that saturday night. but it only made me sleepy, and i woke up the next morning feeling totally fine. and it's the one and done shot, so i'm good now.