Social I have covid 19 :(

Wow this thread has been going on pretty good actually. Even the anti vaxxers are polite.

Not a lot of people it's just a few but media acts like millions. The CDC always said that you could get it but the vaccine will save your lives. The Yankees players like 11 an 7 staff have all received vaccines but no one showing anything more then a sniffles an some discomfort. No ones in ICU or dealing with fevers
Hardly anyone goes to the ICU with covid. It's a small percent.

Why are the hospitals overfilled?

Hospitals don't stay financially solvent unless they're run near full capacity, hospital administrators will try to run them as close to 100% capacity as they can as often as possible. This leaves little spare capacity for when TSHTF, the margin between business as usual and we're fucked is a lot smaller than most people think. They don't have hundreds of spare beds & ICU spaces at each hospital, it's more like a few dozen.

Hospitals don't stay financially solvent unless they're run near full capacity, hospital administrators will try to run them as close to 100% capacity as they can as often as possible. This leaves little spare capacity for when TSHTF, the margin between business as usual and we're fucked is a lot smaller than most people think. They don't have hundreds of spare beds & ICU spaces at each hospital, it's more like a few dozen.
hospitals make their money off non emergency surgeries. Covid basically canceled all of that for almost a year and a lot of them went under.

Why are the hospitals overfilled?
I think almost all the hospitals were empty. Our hospital was sending nurses home during the lockdowns. Hardly anyone was sick.

The hospitals were so empty that nurses around the country were bored and had to resort to choreographing tik tok dance videos just to pass the boredome.

Everyone will eventually be infected by this chinese super bug. This vaccine is just to hold us over until actual therapies come out.

hospitals make their money off non emergency surgeries. Covid basically canceled all of that for almost a year and a lot of them went under.

Yup. Hospitals in covid hot spots got overloaded hard. The ones in areas with fewer infections got a ton of their elective surgeries and other procedures cancelled and went bankrupt.

I think almost all the hospitals were empty. Our hospital was sending nurses home during the lockdowns. Hardly anyone was sick.

One of my local hospitals is running at maybe 1/4 - 1/3 capacity judging by how many cars are in the staff parking lot. They've been that way for over a year now. The downtown hospital where one of my friends is an admin has been maxed out since the end of last summer.

Our hospital in a “COVID” hotspot and near Houston the news claimed thousands were dropping dead. Is shutting its doors and is out of business. No skeleton crew out of business empty ICUs and all. Why didn’t they move some of the infected there?

As with any large, complex subject, there is lots of misinformation. You need to research on your own (listen to the scientific consensus, not some dweeb on the internet) to draw your own conclusions.