News Jamahal Hill vs Khalil Rountree Official for UFC 303 - June 29th, 2024

Who Wins?

• Hill

Votes: 58 30.1%
  • Rountree

Votes: 135 69.9%

• Total voters
Rountree is the most overhyped guy for the least amount of promise shown. His best win is a short notice Anthony smith who has been out of prime for years and it took khalil like 12 minutes to beat him and he barely threw any leg kicks, showing poor fight iq. Robbed Jacoby too which would be his second best win if he had actually won it. Has like 6 losses or something in the ufc

If hill had been dropped worse than he actually was, but recovered and got the ko a minute later against Alex, no one would be saying “I don’t know dude, I think he’s making a mistake after he just got dropped bad”

He didn't throw a lot of leg kicks because Anthony is good on the ground, so it's actually good fight IQ tbh sir.

That's been my coaches lifelong rule, I go by it religiously.

But he didn't "get dropped" he got "dropped like a sack of shit" and then "had his head pounded in till he lost consciousness". It is a mistake to take a fight quickly after a concussion.
He got dropped weird and was up walking around normal literally as pereira was doing his celebration

Rountree's run of violence was fun, but he's going to get violenced upon this time. Hill's gonna play congas on his skull. KO round duece

I thought medical suspensions were a thing after you got put to sleep?
Eh

im sure hes fine. Poatan ko's him with only two of his knuckles so thats how come hes OK. If it was all 5 he'd be out for 2024

Big fan of Rountree - nice to see what happens here. Not gonna pretend armchair analyst skills, just hoping someone gets KO'd (or TKO'd by kicks to the body on the ground), this sounds like a proper fight on paper. :)

If you actually believe that you will be incredibly disappointed when this fight happens. Rountree has shown nothing that would tell us he can compete with the top 5
he just beat smith which is a bout as good of a win hill has ever had.

For what it's worth, I ran this shit through 5 times and it picked Hill each time.

AI prediction

GPT
Jamahal Hill vs Khalil Rountree

Fight Overview:
Jamahal Hill and Khalil Rountree are two exciting light heavyweight contenders known for their striking prowess. Hill comes into the fight with a reputation for sharp, technical striking and resilience, while Rountree is recognized for his powerful and explosive striking ability. This matchup is expected to be a stand-up battle, with each fighter testing the other's striking defenses and chin.

Metrics Comparison:

Striking:
Jamahal Hill:
Striking Diversity: 85
Power Punches Landed: 80
Takedown Defense: 75
Total Striking Score: 80
Khalil Rountree:
Striking Diversity: 75
Power Punches Landed: 85
Takedown Defense: 70
Total Striking Score: 77
Grappling:
Jamahal Hill:
Hill’s grappling is often overlooked due to his striking, but he possesses a competent grappling defense.
Score: 70
Khalil Rountree:
Rountree has shown improvements in his grappling over recent fights but still prefers to keep the fight standing.
Score: 65
Physical Traits (Height, Reach, Conditioning):
Jamahal Hill:
Hill uses his reach advantage effectively and generally shows good conditioning throughout fights.
Score: 85
Khalil Rountree:
Rountree has a muscular build that supports his striking power, but his conditioning has been inconsistent in longer bouts.
Score: 75
Training and Preparation:
Jamahal Hill:
Trains at a top gym with access to high-level sparring partners, ensuring well-rounded preparation.
Score: 85
Khalil Rountree:
Rountree has trained at various renowned gyms, focusing on enhancing his striking techniques and defensive capabilities.
Score: 80
Prediction:

Winner: Jamahal Hill
Confidence: 70%
Method: Decision
Round: 3
Analysis:
Jamahal Hill's advantage in striking diversity, conditioning, and takedown defense gives him the upper hand in this fight. While Rountree's power is a significant threat, Hill's ability to manage distance and pace the fight should allow him to outwork Rountree over the course of three rounds. Expect Hill to utilize his jab and footwork to control the engagement, avoiding Rountree's power shots and potentially wearing him down for a decision win in a fight that promises fireworks but might lean towards technical striking over sheer power as it progresses.

I think Rountree smokes Hill, but agreed on the good match making!

Rountree has vicious leg kicks and his hands are both fast and heavy as anyones. Not to mention his ability to string combinations together and end combos with kicks. His shot selection is also money, he knows what to throw and when to throw it.

Hill is scrappy and has good hands and vision of what is going on. I think his footwork is lacking and his kicks, while he has surprised people with those (headkicked old man Teixeira, for example), are pretty mediocre and nothing Rountree hasn’t seen or felt before.

Hill isn’t a grappler and didn’t look for takedowns against Pereira. I don’t think we’ll see a D1 Hill here either. Also he does not want to clinch with Bangkok Ready Rountree (BRR?).

So I see this one playing out standing and I don’t see how that doesn’t favor Rountree!

I think no matter who wins someone is going to sleep.i think Khalil will struggle to close the distance and find himself on the end of hills punches.rountree is a dangerous man and has one shot power so I'm definitely not counting him out

Back