Ronin Brand Samurai Gi First Impressions

It's definitely a nice-looking gi. I just wonder how much that samurai inside will hold up. I know some printing holds up for years while other printing is done after a few washes. The inside of the new star from bull terrier has been holding up very well lately.

I am not sure if Fozzy ever made a sticky, but your thread was moved for a reason, you should contact a mod for further details.

Sorry, busy in school.

Even mods make mistakes. I'm still waiting on these rules I broke though.
This isn't a review, therefore it wasn't posted in the review section. You came in trying to regulate claiming I'm being ignorant to rules, but there is nothing out of order here. I think you just have an attention seeking problem, Chris. Relax a little bit. Mods aren't enforcing rules, because the Gear section is self governed, and it's self governed well. The only person making waves, is you. It's always been you.

Instead of being overly vague, and claiming there are rules that are being broken; show them. If they were created and deleted, they aren't rules anymore. Making up arbitrary rules that you think people should abide by is a silly practice.

Rules that were introduced when the review section was opened, 1) all review related threads are to be posted in the review section. 2) not enforced at all now, but reviews were to be posted in the main thread, linking off site was not allowed.

You literally made these up lol.

Let me also add, that I have nothing against you and really do not mind to be corrected if I am ever at fault for breaking rules, but I just wish you would not be so negative and brought something positive to the table once in a while.

Even mods make mistakes. I'm still waiting on these rules I broke though.
This isn't a review, therefore it wasn't posted in the review section. You came in trying to regulate claiming I'm being ignorant to rules, but there is nothing out of order here. I think you just have an attention seeking problem, Chris. Relax a little bit. Mods aren't enforcing rules, because the Gear section is self governed, and it's self governed well. The only person making waves, is you. It's always been you.

Instead of being overly vague, and claiming there are rules that are being broken; show them. If they were created and deleted, they aren't rules anymore. Making up arbitrary rules that you think people should abide by is a silly practice.

You literally made these up lol.

Really, if I just made these up, then why was your thread moved? Just noticed, since Fozzy deactivated his account, all threads he started were removed.

Also, it is not that G&E is self regulated - Fozzy had better things to do and Foolkiller (Superbeast) just stopped coming to sherdog and neither have been replaced.

Last edited:
Really, if I just made these up, then why was your thread moved? Just noticed, since Fozzy deactivated his account, all threads he started were removed.

Also, it is not that G&E is self regulated - Fozzy had better things to do and Foolkiller (Superbeast) just stopped coming to sherdog and neither have been replaced.

Read the first 4 words of my post.

So you are saying you are right, and the mod was wrong?

Haha, delusional much...

Are you seriously implying that a mod is incapable of being wrong?
I asked you to provide the rules which were broken multiple times.
Where is the delusion? I'm actually being pretty logical.

You reported me for what you think is me breaking a rule. The mod could have not even read the thread and just moved it, just because. It's really no sweat off my back either way, but you are enforcing rules that do not exist. Using "But the mod moved your thread so I'm right" as your argument is cop out nonsense and says nothing.

Show me the rules.

Are you seriously implying that a mod is incapable of being wrong?
I asked you to provide the rules which were broken multiple times.
Where is the delusion? I'm actually being pretty logical.

You reported me for what you think is me breaking a rule. The mod could have not even read the thread and just moved it, just because. It's really no sweat off my back either way, but you are enforcing rules that do not exist. Using "But the mod moved your thread so I'm right" as your argument is cop out nonsense and says nothing.

Show me the rules.

I also stated since since Fozzy's account was deactivated all his threads were removed, which includes all the rules for the G&E and review section. If there was no reason to move your thread, then they wouldn't; you think mods can't think for them selves, just because someone reports something means that the mods will side with them? Or that mods are dumb/lazy and jump when someone says jump?

I also stated since since Fozzy's account was deactivated all his threads were removed, which includes all the rules for the G&E and review section. If there was no reason to move your thread, then they wouldn't; you think mods can't think for them selves, just because someone reports something means that the mods will side with them? Or that mods are dumb/lazy and jump when someone says jump?

So if they deleted all of these rules, then these rules do not exist anymore right?
How can you say something like "Ignorance is no excuse" if there is nothing to be ignorant of?
They also just deleted his posts within the last few weeks. There were no stickies deleted that have this magic rule that first impression threads count as review threads and therefore are to be in the review section.

Bold - All conclusions you came to on your own. I merely pointed out that a mod could have made a mistake. People do that.

Edit: His posts haven't been deleted.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f16/g-e-faq-please-read-before-making-threads-567495/
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f16/a...making-new-threads-updated-march-07-a-442470/

Last edited:
So if they deleted all of these rules, then these rules do not exist anymore right?
How can you say something like "Ignorance is no excuse" if there is nothing to be ignorant of?
They also just deleted his posts within the last few weeks. There were no stickies deleted that have this magic rule that first impression threads count as review threads and therefore are to be in the review section.

Bold - All conclusions you came to on your own. I merely pointed out that a mod could have made a mistake. People do that.

Think of it as a road without a speed limit sign posted, there is still a speed limit - as this part of the board no longer has assigned mods it isn't always monitored.

I also think it was an unseen glitch when they deactivated Fozzy's account - as I doubt they would intentionally remove rules.

Edit: yes his posts are still there, but any thread he started is gone; it was Fozzy who decided to open the review sub-forum.

Last edited:
Think of it has a road without a speed limit sign posted, there is still a speed limit - as this part of the board no longer has assigned mods it isn't always monitored.

I also think it was an unseen glitch when they deactivated Fozzy's account - as I doubt they would intentionally remove rules.

Terrible analogy. No speed limit sign = no speed limit to enforce. Let's also not get into a fight about what's a good analogy. Bottom line is, there are NO rules which you are claiming I am breaking.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f16/standing-rules-315961/

4. Reviews are OKAY. Post's from Company representatives / owners which state "my products are better than (insert sponsor name) because they are cheaper / last longer / are better" are NOT allowed. If coming from a reviewer that's fine. But companies bad mouthing other companies, sarcastic or not, will not be permitted.

That's about as in depth as they get with review posts.

Terrible analogy. No speed limit sign = no speed limit to enforce. Let's also not get into a fight about what's a good analogy. Bottom line is, there are NO rules which you are claiming I am breaking.

Wow, do you even have your drivers license?

Oh brother. You wanna stay on topic and do your best to be an adult and not make this a pissing match?

If you did have your drivers license - which it sounds like you don't - you would know just because there is no speed limit posted, there is still a speed limit enforced, which varies by state/province.

If you did have your drivers license - which it sounds like you don't - you would know just because there is no speed limit posted, there is till a speed limit enforced.

Oh boy. Not only do I have a drivers license, but I enforced traffic law on NAS JRB Willow Grove as ASF when I was serving in the Navy. If you would like, I'd be happy to show you MANY cases where the lack of a posted speed limit has caused many to have tickets dismissed, in PM of course. Please don't start comparing the millions of gray areas of traffic law to forum rules dude.

Let's get back to the topic at hand.

The gi looks good! Does anyone know how these compare to the Insignia gi? I got an A2 that fit me perfectly before washing, but I was sure not fit after even minimal shrinking.

Oh boy. Not only do I have a drivers license, but I enforced traffic law on NAS JRB Willow Grove as ASF when I was serving in the Navy. If you would like, I'd be happy to show you MANY cases where the lack of a posted speed limit has caused many to have tickets dismissed, in PM of course. Please don't start comparing the millions of gray areas of traffic law to forum rules dude.

Let's get back to the topic at hand.

Lol, what was that about a pissing contest?

Edit: Also, since you were on a Navel base it is technically private property, and they can enforce different speed limits on their roads, which could lead to problems.

And in Ontario it is pretty clear cut... No limit posted, the limit is 50km/h. So there aren't too many (if any) grey areas.

Last edited:
Back