International Russia/Ukraine Megathread V8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Want a tissue mate? You're one angry chap.
Did we stop Afghanistan? Did we stop Iraq? Nope.

Who's angry?

It's pretty clear that I'm not upset but Russians having to decide between dying in a war and fighting their dictator. I wish them the best. I want them to do what is best for them, they're going to have to. We're not coming to save them. There's no "liberation" for Russia coming from the west. They are on their own.

Who's going to prevent millions of Russian deaths here?

We did stop Aghanistan and we did stop Iraq. We stopped every war we participated in if we didn't win it too fast for public sentiment to swing.

Russians will have to do the same. They will die in the millions if they do nothing.

You seem upset every time we point out this fight is there's and we have no sympathy for them if they're not fighting for it.

Kinda strange. Do you hate Russians that much?

Well, it would not have started if Biden told Putin Ukraine was not going to join NATO. Biden did not do shit. He (democrats) wants a way to topple Putin. A Ukraine/Russian war is not the way to do this.

...or maybe get us into a nuclear war.

"In the world of the blind, the one-eyed man rules."
'neighbour' - British?

So the defensive alliance formed to protect against Russia aggression is actually the real reason for Russian aggression? Do you think Russia would just be nice to everyone if there wasn't a defensive alliance against them?

Who's angry?

It's pretty clear that I'm not upset but Russians having to decide between dying in a war and fighting their dictator. I wish them the best. I want them to do what is best for them, they're going to have to. We're not coming to save them. There's no "liberation" for Russia coming from the west. They are on their own.

Who's going to prevent millions of Russian deaths here?

We did stop Aghanistan and we did stop Iraq. We stopped every war we participated in if we didn't win it too fast for public sentiment to swing.

Russians will have to do the same. They will die in the millions if they do nothing.

You seem upset every time we point out this fight is there's and we have no sympathy for them if they're not fighting for it.

Kinda strange. Do you hate Russians that much?

I have sympathy for everyone under the thumb of a bad government or dictator ship. I don't blame people who's focus is them and theirs for what their governments elect to do. My sympathy isn't impacted by what I think they should do. Simple.

Lol we stopped Iraq and Afghanistan? Yeah something tells me no Iraqi or Afghani would say the same. At all. You mean we got to withdraw when America said we could. Yeah man it was definitely " power to the people " that ended those wars lol.

One of the biggest things was the open information of war. The wartime press had a great deal to do with it in the past. Casualties innocents lives lost and shit that impacted on those political decisions. Because they were spoken about... not hidden.... There's a good reason Ukraine ( and the west )is controlling its information in regards to casualties. It's because they actively wish to avoid those discussions and keep the war going. Don't particularly care. But I feel for the innocents being used as pawns in a geopolitical game of chicken.

If your sympathy relies on them fighting how you want .... you do you. Don't care at all. Mine doesn't shrug.

Last edited:
I have sympathy for everyone under the thumb of a bad government or dictator ship. I don't blame people who's focus is them and theirs for what their governments elect to do. My sympathy isn't impacted by what I think they should do. Simple.

Lol we stopped Iraq and Afghanistan? Yeah something tells me no Iraqi or Afghani would say the same. At all. You mean we got to withdraw when America said we could. Yeah man it was definitely " power to the people " that ended those wars lol.

One of the biggest things was the open information of war. The wartime press had a great deal to do with it in the past. Casualties innocents lives lost and shit that impacted on those political decisions. Because they were spoken about... not hidden.... There's a good reason Ukraine is controlling its information in regards to casualties. It's because they actively wish to avoid those discussions and keep the war going. Don't particularly care. But I feel for the innocents being used as pawns in a geopolitical game of chicken.

If your sympathy relies on them fighting how you want .... you do you. Don't care at all. Mine doesn't shrug.

OK.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin (famous dehumanizer)

OK.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin (famous dehumanizer)

It's a great quote. Turns out I have more empathy than a former slave owner. Not particularly surprising tho.

Edit - Gotta admit the quote sours a bit knowing his history regarding slavery

Last edited:
It's a great quote. Turns out I have more empathy than a former slave owner. Not particularly surprising tho.

I think it very well sums up the situation for Russians. You say dictator but they had a democracy that they gave up. Now they're getting fucked in the ass for it.

<Fedor23>

I think it very well sums up the situation for Russians. You say dictator but they had a democracy that they gave up. Now they're getting fucked in the ass for it.

<Fedor23>

Eh there's countless people who haven't lived under anyone other than putin. Seems a bit odd to blame the loss of democracy on them considering they've never experienced it.

@Cid I was incorrect. Dmitry Medvedev had power for 4 years. Whether or not he was/ or would be better than Putin...? Fucks me.

Yeah, but i would assume in a conventional war ammo conservation would be a thing, cops can always drive back to the station and get more ammo, a squad of soldiers may not.

But then again, i don't know the context of the video, it may just be a mop up operation.

Adrenalin effects even well trained and experienced soldiers. If you'd asked the guy immediately after the contact how many rounds he'd fired, he'd probably struggle to remember.

Another point to consider is the Russian actually staggers to his feet for a moment after being hit by multiple rounds. The Uke was just making damn sure he didn't get up a second time.

Eh there's countless people who haven't lived under anyone other than putin. Seems a bit odd to blame the loss of democracy on them considering they've never experienced it.

Democracy is eroded over time. Putin didn't declare himself dictator on day one.

Does suck for those suffering the consequences of their elders though, I'll admit that. I thought it was pretty obviously that it was a broad generalized statement.

Democracy is eroded over time. Putin didn't declare himself dictator on day one.

Does suck for those suffering the consequences of their elders though, I'll admit that. I thought it was pretty obviously that it was a broad generalized statement.

My apologies if it was aimed at a particular group ( age ) not the entirety. Hard to tell sometimes with text.

Here_for_the_Gangbang_Charcoal_Feature_014_800x.JPG

danny23 said:
Zelensky is a rat faced bastard. Watch him follow his fellow tribesmen and flee Ukraine when things inevitably go south. While Ukrainians are bled dry to the bone.

Well done buddy. I know avoiding the slur took everything you had.

Good chance he’s not even in Ukraine right now. He’ll stay in power till the last young Ukrainian man is used as his cannon fodder.

You mean the man who stayed at the time when everyone in the West thought Ukraine was as good as gone? When most thought it would end in a day or two as Russia would take Kyiv?

While President Zelenskyy stayed through the worst time(even coined a phrase) has suddenly ran off and abandoned his country as his forces are making major gains in the north and south? Now that Russia has been exposed as a 3rd rate military? Yea buddy, whatever helps you sleep at night.

6w22ns.jpg

Last edited:
My apologies if it was aimed at a particular group ( age ) not the entirety. Hard to tell sometimes with text.

It's been a broad generalized statement from the start.

Harsh reality is this is what happens when a people don't fight for their democracy. Obviously not everyone but they wouldn't be in this mess if it wasn't applicable to an inordinate amount of Russians.

It's been a broad generalized statement from the start.

Harsh reality is this is what happens when a people don't fight for their democracy. Obviously not everyone but they wouldn't be in this mess if it wasn't applicable to an inordinate amount of Russians.

Oh I completely get your point. I just don't think I have any right to expect others to risk themselves for what I consider " right ". I also find statements like Russians getting what they deserve to be abhorrent to me. ( not your statement )

I just don't think there's much difference between Russians and Australians. We just got lucky to be born here. A quirk for the vast majority of us. Due to nothing more than luck Nobody had to put anything on the line for our democracy. ( my generation at least ) Absolutely nothing wrong if you disagree.

But I will always speak my piece regardless the insults and attacks on here idgaf. If that makes me a Russian shill? I honestly don't care. This thread is already enough of a circle jerk. Now with the dehumanizing creeping in by a few posters it's becoming disgusting to me and I will loudly say nothing good comes from dehumanizing people whilst we're on this path.

Yeah, but i would assume in a conventional war ammo conservation would be a thing, cops can always drive back to the station and get more ammo, a squad of soldiers may not.

But then again, i don't know the context of the video, it may just be a mop up operation.
It is to a degree. Americans carry a lot of ammo everywhere you go. I know you probably heard of the standard 7 mag/210 load out, but most soldiers will usually carry quite a few more mags than that even.

On initial contact a lot of rounds are usually fired to suppress the enemy. Once they’re suppressed you settle into a rhythm where the suppressing element is “talking” their guns, taking turns popping off a round or two at a time while the flanking element moves.

So yeah a lot of rounds end up getting spent for each person killed. Once both elements know that each other is there you are rarely getting a chance to pick a well placed shot.

No mean tweets tho

You do realize that Biden speaking not to Putin but to China and India? You think it is in their best interest if US where to launch 60 nuclear cruise missiles from just one of their Ohio class subs. That is at least what I hear they are capable of now. Common hypersonic glide body missiles could be in this thing before the end of the year if not already in this thing. Seriously I bet Russia's two biggest trading partners where on the phone with Putin telling him the next move could upend the world economy including China and India.

Oh Putin let me introduce to you our Ohio Class sub.

US-Navy-Ohio-Class-Submarine-Cutaway-1-scaled.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back