UFC 259: Blachowicz vs Adesanya

Gonna put 1k on Megan to beat Nunes; there are many factors to this decision; I have most recently made huge gains on Poirier; Thiago Moises; and Alexa Davis.

Gonna put 1k on Megan to beat Nunes; there are many factors to this decision; I have most recently made huge gains on Poirier; Thiago Moises; and Alexa Davis.
For 1k you could make multiple parlays with so many solid fighters on this card and the next card. Why put all your eggs in one basket on a unproven underdog?

Rakic hurts PTSD Smith with leg kicks then lays on him for 3 rounds and Santos get outgrappled by the best grappler in the division and people think that means Rakic will grapple fuck Santos.

Gotta love some of the logic here.
It's because Santos has looked shit on his back in a number of fights, has questionable takedown defense and fucked up knees.

Asking again about Phillips/ Song. Anyone have any thoughts?

Comparing GM3 to Rakic is honestly comical.

Hermansson is a natural MW, as is Santos, and those fights were years ago when he was in his prime.

He's 36 now with a bum ACL.

Go watch the Anders fight, and tell me his TDD isn't awful, and that his, "cardio holds up for 15 minutes".

I'm not comparing Rakic to GM3 lmfao, I'm using it as an example of Santos beating the fuck out of a grappler (he's beaten many) and showing that maybe your perception of his defensive grappling is very much warped.

Santos almost beat Jon Jones, arguably he did, he's more than big enough for 205. If anything it suits him far more than 205 given he's not a contender and his chin holds up more.

Santos gets takendown but he's not clueless and he's about as punishing as you can get with it. Glover was the first time he got blanketed like that for a considerable amount of time. Anders got takedown but he got right back up and beat him senseless. He slowed slightly but you're taking a super high pace 15 minute debut at 205 and saying that shows bad cardio when half the division would have been looking like Anders at the end of that aka dead on the floor.

I think Megans chance of winning is like 5% tops. A 1 hitter quitter or freak injury are her only win options I can imagine.

Thiago santos has great cardio. He is a freak athlete and if anything should be a slight favorite against Rakic

Thiago santos has great cardio. He is a freak athlete and if anything should be a slight favorite against Rakic
His age is a huge factor he is 37 and Rakic is a younger version of him. Santos also hurt his foot in the jones fight, he’s got long term injuries after a longer time in mma.

His age is a huge factor he is 37 and Rakic is a younger version of him. Santos also hurt his foot in the jones fight, he’s got long term injuries after a longer time in mma.
Why is it a huge factor? Was it a huge factor for glover when he beat Thiago?

did you see a lack of explosiveness in his movements? I didn’t

I am going with Funkmaster and Isreal. I think Islam and Nunes win but I don't know if the value is there.

I would be curious HOW Jan would wall stall him It's going to look like the Romero fight in the sense that Izzy isn't going to risk exchanges like he did with Kelvin. Izzy won't try to engage unless he thinks he can get away with the speed difference. Romero was as fast or maybe faster than him. Jan would need to corner Izzy, force a clinch and wall stall. I don't think thats likely imo.

Smaller cage makes that gameplan more viable. Izzy only fought once against in the small cage, against Tavares.

For 1k you could make multiple parlays with so many solid fighters on this card and the next card. Why put all your eggs in one basket on a unproven underdog?
That user that went with Megan wasn't wrong though. There are no happy endings in MMA/UFC.

Parlays are for losers

Bro!!! When you make 5-10 of them for each event you’re bound to hit one sooner or later (actual reasoning the poster you quoted gave for his betting strategy.)

Bro!!! When you make 5-10 of them for each event you’re bound to hit one sooner or later (actual reasoning the poster you quoted gave for his betting strategy.)
And you will still loose money on them long term.

Back