UFC 280: Oliveira vs. Makhachev, Sat, Oct 22

Yeah I'd have to think Dobson is early KO or bust, which isn't out of the question but Petro is just better overall

I think Petrosyan has good TDD and works up well against anyone but high quality grapplers and Dobson is pretty shit tbh. He'll probably be stuck standing with him. I think Petro is probably the fighter I'm most confident in winning on the card.
me too. but Dobson is so wild, i can see him getting a lucky ko. like just a brute strength, no technique, dash forward knockout in the first round if Amren gets caught slipping. Sometimes dumb technique works if you pull the trigger enough times. I still played Armen but faded him in a few parlays.

me too. but Dobson is so wild, i can see him getting a lucky ko. like just a brute strength, no technique, dash forward knockout in the first round if Amren gets caught slipping. Sometimes dumb technique works if you pull the trigger enough times. I still played Armen but faded him in a few parlays.
Robocop was not close in ko'ing petrosyan. I highly doubt Dobson will be.

Sometimes fights are like that, Robocop couldn't put Dusko down yet Dusko got ran over by both Soriano and Chidi as soon as he gave them openings.

Not saying Dobson should be the favorite, but rather making the argument that he's not exactly hopeless.

Another thing to note is that Dobson is cleaning up some of the holes in his boxing. He's keeping his hands up throwing with good fundamentals.

A guy with explosiveness like him can cause trouble to any fighter, and I think Armen has an average chin, it can be cracked.

Im still on Armen, but i faded him in several parlays, i basically lowered my exposure because i know he can drop the ball.

Another thing to note is that Dobson is cleaning up some of the holes in his boxing. He's keeping his hands up throwing with good fundamentals.

A guy with explosiveness like him can cause trouble to any fighter, and I think Armen has an average chin, it can be cracked.

Im still on Armen, but i faded him in several parlays, i basically lowered my exposure because i know he can drop the ball.

I think to be fair to him in that fight, that was during a period where he was champ in Russia and everyone he was fighting was trying to wrestle him. I think he got surprised that an Iranian wrestler came and threw hands at him and I think he's learned from it.

I also think we should take into account that Yousefi is a light heavyweight,

I think to be fair to him in that fight, that was during a period where he was champ in Russia and everyone he was fighting was trying to wrestle him. I think he got surprised that an Iranian wrestler came and threw hands at him and I think he's learned from it.

That's fair, Yousefi is pretty unremarkable though. If he can lose that, he can definitely lose to Dobson in my mind, but I do concede that he's just as likely to pick up a win if he survives AJ's 1st round attack.

That's fair, Yousefi is pretty unremarkable though. If he can lose that, he can definitely lose to Dobson in my mind, but I do concede that he's just as likely to pick up a win if he survives AJ's 1st round attack.

Yousefi is average, but just going off memory as I was following Petro's career at the time, every single fight of his was basically wrestlers taking him down and him surviving and getting up over and over again before eventually coming from behind to finish them when they gassed. I think he was expecting Yousefi to have the same gameplan.

Armen has a questionable chin is my main case. He got rocked in the Robocop fight, and koed before. main reasons:

1. He fights with his mouth open, big no-no in boxing.
2. He can get caught throwing a naked side kick.
3. He's always peddling backwards and will turn away sometimes to regain center and leaves himself exposed .
4. Lastly, he has a lazy check hook. Throws it with sloppy form and gets caught a lot.

Im still on team Armen, but I don't think this is a locked fight, it can be one of those weird fights where we see a new guy upset the order of things.

People don't understand how good a grappler Beneil is. It's from a long time ago (and in the gi), but watch his match at the world's vs Kron. Beneil's grappling is beyond legit.
I'm aware of beneil grappling credentials, he was at adcc in 2013? Gamrot was at adcc in 2015 and 2019. They are both adcc qualifying grapplers, but Gamrot in more advanced era. This is MMA though. Gamrot is better wrestler and Dariush is a top game grappler as well, striking wise I favour Gamrot as well.

I think this Abu Dhabi card is going to be like the French card where all the Muslim fighters are going to win except maybe Muradov.

I think team Khabib's guys are going to win. His cousin Abu; Zubaira, Islam .

Magomed , Belal, Mokaev.

Somebody tell me to pass on the first WMMA fight. Keep getting tempted by Lina's line even though she's ancient.

Rosa strikes me as somebody who would let herself get stuck against the fence for long periods of time here.

Somebody tell me to pass on the first WMMA fight. Keep getting tempted by Lina's line even though she's ancient.

Rosa strikes me as somebody who would let herself get stuck against the fence for long periods of time here.
possible outcome, but Rosa is going to be more counter grappling + as part of her training after her last performance. She knows that was her hole in her game, and she's young enough to make new adjustments. I don't think Lina is improving at her age anytime soon, Rosa isn't a bad grappler, she's shown a grappling pedigree before, she just could not cut it with an Olympic silver medalist, but i think Lina doesn't have that good a wrestling game.

possible outcome, but Rosa is going to be more counter grappling + as part of her training after her last performance. She knows that was her hole in her game, and she's young enough to make new adjustments. I don't think Lina is improving at her age anytime soon, Rosa isn't a bad grappler, she's shown a grappling pedigree before, she just could not cut it with an Olympic silver medalist, but i think Lina doesn't have that good a wrestling game.

That fight is the PERFECT time to go smoke a bowl and make some nachos!

I'm aware of beneil grappling credentials, he was at adcc in 2013? Gamrot was at adcc in 2015 and 2019. They are both adcc qualifying grapplers, but Gamrot in more advanced era. This is MMA though. Gamrot is better wrestler and Dariush is a top game grappler as well, striking wise I favour Gamrot as well.

My point wasn't that Gamrot isn't a legit grappler too. It was more that those who think he'll just run through Beneil on the mat likely don't know how good Beneil's grappling is.

Those are my main concerns as well, though I do believe Rosa is overrated. Then again, that's pretty much every girl at 135 right now, pretty bad division. Think I'll settle for someone like Volkan instead for my underdog value in the prelims, feel like he's much more reliable than Nikita.

How do you guys feel about this Alamain/TJ fight? Sterling sub +400 is semi-temping. I'm not a fan of O'Malley but his decision line is +400. May be worth a hedge if going with Yan decision; or perhaps he catches Yan. He's probably going to look like a fuckin' giant next to Yan.

How do you guys feel about this Alamain/TJ fight? Sterling sub +400 is semi-temping. I'm not a fan of O'Malley but his decision line is +400. May be worth a hedge if going with Yan decision; or perhaps he catches Yan. He's probably going to look like a fuckin' giant next to Yan.

I think Aljo will likely outwork TJ. He's a better MMA grappler than TJ ever was, and it's even more so with Aljo in his prime and TJ past his.

Yan is clearly a better overall fighter than O'Malley but the line is too wide in a 3 round fight imo because Yan seems to take a round to feel things out before he turns it up. Laying huge juice on a guy who could likely give round 1 away...no way. I agree, the value may well be O'Malley decision.

Those are my main concerns as well, though I do believe Rosa is overrated. Then again, that's pretty much every girl at 135 right now, pretty bad division. Think I'll settle for someone like Volkan instead for my underdog value in the prelims, feel like he's much more reliable than Nikita.
I haven't taped that one yet... Belal is my fav underdog. Chiesa made Sean look human to me and Belal has been fighting better competition. he also has the most muslim sounding name in one of the most Muslim places in the world. the electricity of the fans will be on his side, i believe in that stuff.

I think Petrosyan has good TDD and works up well against anyone but high quality grapplers and Dobson is pretty shit tbh. He'll probably be stuck standing with him. I think Petro is probably the fighter I'm most confident in winning on the card.
His TDD is pretty horrendous. Legit was taken down in 100% of fights somebody attempted them. I do agree though Dobson dosent have the control to hold him down

Back