UFC Fight Night 184: Holloway vs Kattar

Taped the whole card almost, apart from the WMMA fights, just finishing up Holloway/Kattar now and I'm kind of not that impressed with Kattar.

He has a fantastic jab and seems to have some power, and that's about it? He's still lead leg heavy and even if he is better about checking kicks or evading them he's still very much open to them.

Even statistically he lands less and gets hit more than Holloway.

I don't think Holloway is uncrackable any more at this point, but is a stiff jab enough to do it against a high volume, endless cardio former champ?
The jabs the most important punch for a reason, it sets everything up. If Max comes in kick heavy I think his chances go up alot. Kattar isnt very good at kicking range, and kicking will also open up Max's ability to counter. However max goes away from kicks alot and falls back on his boxing. It will be the battle of the jabs, and I feel Kattar is a little better at working off it as well as countering his opponents jabs. Regardless it will be close.

also, Chiesa as an underdog??? Chiesa in my eyes has too 3-5 potential. Magny on the other hand is a gatekeeper for dudes trying to enter top 10-15. If Chiesa can’t take Magny down, it will be a problem but I put Faith in Chiesa to hit 2-3 takedowns
Agree with Vitor. Chiesa is a takedown and a cardio machine and Magny's thing is being more durable than the other guy and outlasting him, which won't work here. Chiesa by grinding this one out or potentially getting a sub. But I think this is from another card?

On this card there are odds on the Buckley vs. Di Chirico fight and to my surprise Buckley is a big favourite! Must've been the big KO influencing these numbers. I think these gentlemen are more or less on the same level. Of course Buckley is a lot more athletic, but very very raw. This is a bad fight ending in split decision type of affair to me. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I think. One thing I'm sure Buckley has no right to be that big of a favourite right now (-300).

Agree with Vitor. Chiesa is a takedown and a cardio machine and Magny's thing is being more durable than the other guy and outlasting him, which won't work here. Chiesa by grinding this one out or potentially getting a sub. But I think this is from another card?

On this card there are odds on the Buckley vs. Di Chirico fight and to my surprise Buckley is a big favourite! Must've been the big KO influencing these numbers. I think these gentlemen are more or less on the same level. Of course Buckley is a lot more athletic, but very very raw. This is a bad fight ending in split decision type of affair to me. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I think. One thing I'm sure Buckley has no right to be that big of a favourite right now (-300).
I don't think Chirico has the chin to deal with Buckley's power.

Finding it very hard to bet any of these lines with the event being so far out. Ive put a little thought into the card. Not seeing a whole lot of value initially. I’ll wait and see where lines end up during the week of the event.

I think omari at these prices is a decent play. He’s exactly the kind of guy that will give breese problems and with breese he’s very difficult to play as a significant favorite, especially against a tough guy who won’t quit like Omari

Duskos number got to a playable price around -120 at one point but as I stated earlier I’m not looking to tie up money for weeks.

looking forward to seeing ponzi back, price is ridiculously high for him. Not touching that one

Taping at this point seems like a waste of time.

even future events that I like odds on I’m not touching. I can do other things with my money besides have it tied up on a fight that may not even happen.

Last edited:
Is the Wednesday jan 20th card with Leon vs "X" still on? It's not on the ufc website

Well Zak hurt him really bad, end of round saved him but it would end probably in a tko finish if it last for 30 seconds longer
ok so he was only rocked in one fight, seems like he has a relatively solid chin then

Kelleher vs Simon off
Hernandez vs Vieira rescheduled to 2/13

smh @ Vieira fight rescheduled

another month for Hernandez to work on his bjj and ruin the Vieira by sub bet i’m gonna make <<<<

Back