UFC Fight Night: Whittaker vs Gastelum

I don't see a ONE thread. I feel the odds are way off in the Lee vs Nastyukhin fight. You are telling me this kid wins the fight 83% of the time? Nasty can crack, he's gonna have a considerable power and strength advantage here. He's a grown man juiced to the fucking eyeballs. I'm willing to take a stab on him at 4.75 even if Lee is ONE's golden boy.

Pretty sure you’re not going to be able to see anyone’s posts but yours soon at the rate you block people.

Also “racing against the clock” to start a business while also having an admitted coke habit sounds like a terrible idea.
I feel personally attacked

Munoz vs Pena is intriguing.

Pena has the better striking, but has shit TDD.

Munoz was a d1 wrestler. He made his debut on 2 week notice against Nasrat, and Nasrat couldn't finish him standing, so I doubt Pena will.

I think bookies are still too high on Pena, Munoz doesn't deserve to be +125. Realistically, barring a guillotine when he shoots in, he should be able to take Pena down and control him for the majority of the fight.
I was initially going to stay away from this fight, but the more I think about it the more I think it follows the same trajectory as the Frevola fight. My main reservation is that I don't think Munhoz has good top control, I don't want to end up trying to force a bet when I think have some good spots already.

I was initially going to stay away from this fight, but the more I think about it the more I think it follows the same trajectory as the Frevola fight. My main reservation is that I don't think Munhoz has good top control, I don't want to end up trying to force a bet when I think have some good spots already.
what are your good spots?

I don't see a ONE thread. I feel the odds are way off in the Lee vs Nastyukhin fight. You are telling me this kid wins the fight 83% of the time? Nasty can crack, he's gonna have a considerable power and strength advantage here. He's a grown man juiced to the fucking eyeballs. I'm willing to take a stab on him at 4.75 even if Lee is ONE's golden boy.

I can get on that train but it seems Golden boys and girls win a lot at these ONE cards. Not saying they are fixed or anything but can't recall one fight that went especially bad for the promotion (maybe Angela Lee losing?). I would think they quite heavily rooted for "home" talent to beat ex-ufc competition in past fights as well.

Lot of action, is this one of those events that was pre-taped?

Last edited:

I just re-watched the Frevola fight, and I'd have to give Pena the first 2 rounds. If the line was wider, I think Munoz is worth a bet, but it's probably lined about right.

I just re-watched the Frevola fight, and I'd have to give Pena the first 2 rounds. If the line was wider, I think Munoz is worth a bet, but it's probably lined about right.
Yeah that was a robbery, clear 29-28 Pena.
First round was close but Frevola was on wobbly legs at the end of the round.

Yeah that was a robbery, clear 29-28 Pena.
First round was close but Frevola was on wobbly legs at the end of the round.
Home cooked decision making if I remember correctly

Algeo vs Ramos is a tough one, I'm going back and forth on this one. Algeo's striking defence is horrific, but he's a durable guy who continues walking forward and can mix it up with his takedowns. I'm sure as long as Ramos can keep it standing he'll win comfortably, but Algeo has no quit in him and is the bigger guy. We've seen Lamas and Spike land headkicks on Algeo and we've also seen his back taken. I really want to bet Ramos at +100 but I don't know how well he will deal with the pressure. Murphy kinda fucked him up bad.
When in doubt go for the fighter with a nicer record and better wins on his resume. Im going with Ramos. Team alpha male is a good training camp.my two cents

Munoz vs Pena is intriguing.

Pena has the better striking, but has shit TDD.

Munoz was a d1 wrestler. He made his debut on 2 week notice against Nasrat, and Nasrat couldn't finish him standing, so I doubt Pena will.

I think bookies are still too high on Pena, Munoz doesn't deserve to be +125. Realistically, barring a guillotine when he shoots in, he should be able to take Pena down and control him for the majority of the fight.
Never really been that impressed with Pena so when I heard he was fighting the wrestling coach from Team Alpha Male and that Munoz was an underdog I thought it'd be easy money but man then I watched Munoz debut vs Nasrat and holy fuck did he ever take a beating. To his credit he has an absolute iron chin and is tough as fuck but man that was a sickening beating. I realize Pena is no Nasrat but still, after watching that fight I don't have a lot of confidence in Munoz and am probably just gonna stay away from betting that fight.

I see Whitaker getting the KO. He does that thing where he throws a 1-2 and before he brings the 2 back follows up with a right headkick hiding it behind his right hand better then anyone and I think against a shorter southpaw like Gastelum that will work well.

Never really been that impressed with Pena so when I heard he was fighting the wrestling coach from Team Alpha Male and that Munoz was an underdog I thought it'd be easy money but man then I watched Munoz debut vs Nasrat and holy fuck did he ever take a beating. To his credit he has an absolute iron chin and is tough as fuck but man that was a sickening beating. I realize Pena is no Nasrat but still, after watching that fight I don't have a lot of confidence in Munoz and am probably just gonna stay away from betting that fight.
I've never been high on the guy but Pena is also a solid grappler in his own right. Guy does a good job of using his long limbs and reach when he grapples. Watching him grapple always looks like his opponents are trying to win a fight with a pretzel machine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back