UFC 295 PBP Discussion

Damn in hindsight thats easy result to see. But she looked different vs Hill. And Hill had even striking fight with Jessica. And that was prime Andrade.

Momentum didnt matter in this one.

Dern was snake oil. She knows she's gonna lose a striking match and had no plan to implement anything else. Awful coaching and awful fight IQ. Had high hopes for dern after the 25 minute clinic she put on against Hill.

Dern got mauled. Not being able to take Andrade down spelled her doom.
she didn't want to cage wrestle. Andrade is strong and stocky and patient, doesnt expose herself to easy takedowns, and dern got into clinch and tried to disengage. Total loser gameplan

Damn in hindsight thats easy result to see. But she looked different vs Hill. And Hill had even striking fight with Jessica. And that was prime Andrade.

Momentum didnt matter in this one.
Nah, Hill was flustered and on the backfoot the whole fight against Andrade. Showed good mental fortitude though, she was trying hard to stay in it, but that was a 30-27 sweep.

Dern can get away with being a sloppy striker because she is agressive and packs decent power and not many women have enough snap on their punches to punish her for wading in. Dern just misses the glue of wrestling to combine her striking and bjj into a really efficient mma package. She's doesn't have the cardio, patience, and footwork to really ever get great wrestling imo.

She also implied during the press conference she did not have a good camp. I think she moved and had to set up a new gym.

I favor Tom in the next one, but obviously won't be surprised one bit if Pav proves me wrong.

Tom & Jerry (Jiri) time

If they both win it will be a great night.

Best of luck everyone!!!! These fights are gonna be epic

Does he? Based on the late notice for Tom? Or historic fights?
He's the only one that's gone the distance between the two, including a 5 rounder. That was before he employed his current gameplan of just fucking shit up though.

Aspinall Pavlovich OVER1.5 rounds +158

$75

Its favored to end inside 1 and under 1.5 but they matchup with each other much differently than past opponents.

Theyre 2 of the few skilled HWs that UFC has right now. I would be shocked if Pav approaches him like hes Lewis or Tai or chinny Blaydes and just rams him.

Tom will fight measured and try to pick him off early. His footwork will be big in getting this over 1.5. Worry I have is if he instafinishes on top and Pav looked horrendous off his back against Reem. Clueless and hasnt been put back there since.

But I dont see a round 1 knockout happening.

Got a feeling that Tom is about to get steamrolled. Bad opponent for no camp.

Its favored to end inside 1 and under 1.5 but they matchup with each other much differently than past opponents.

Theyre 2 of the few skilled HWs that UFC has right now. I would be shocked if Pav approaches him like hes Lewis or Tai or chinny Blaydes and just rams him.

Tom will fight measured and try to pick him off early. His footwork will be big in getting this over 1.5. Worry I have is if he instafinishes on top and Pav looked horrendous off his back against Reem. Clueless and hasnt been put back there since.

But I dont see a round 1 knockout happening.

Welp RIP

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back