UFC on ABC 5: Josh Emmett vs. Ilia Topuria, Jacksonville, Florida, June 24

He has no output and he spends a lot of time in the bottom position.
His right hand is good. He may give up the first round or two, but he finds his rhythm and can crack. If Max Griffen can drop Magney , Rowe can catch him. Magney wins when he can bully people smaller than him. Rowe is his equal there.

His right hand is good. He may give up the first round or two, but he finds his rhythm and can crack. If Max Griffen can drop Magney , Rowe can catch him. Magney wins when he can bully people smaller than him. Rowe is his equal there.
Two different fighters Rowe prefers distance while Griffin pushes the pace and is constantly in your face.

Two different fighters Rowe prefers distance while Griffin pushes the pace and is constantly in your face.
Griffin was skirting the cage, moving left and right and calf kicking. Magny was the one pressuring when he walked into a right hand.

He has no output and he spends a lot of time in the bottom position.

Magny has issues with long fighters imo. Every time I see the dude get backed up a bit by someone longer than him he gets cracked.

I'm also looking at Rowe to beat Magny. I haven't done all my research yet, but i think for me it's Rowe or pass at this point.
I don't trust Magny at this point, he seems like a guy that takes this really serious, but perhaps complacency might be setting in soon. I think with the win streak that Rowe is on, he should be the more motivated fighter.
Magny is where he is in his career, feels like win or lose he will be in the same spot as before, while Rowe actually has a chance to make something happen here with a win.

Not sure if I get to the Money Line... but it's tempting.

He has that avenue of victory but I'm having trouble seeing him walking through the fire to get there. Not a big tafa fan but I feel like this is a good spot for him to let his hands go. From the information available I'd be very wary trusting lanes durability
To be clear, i do think that Tafa wins this.... I just think the line is too wide.

Wins over Parker Porter and Harry Hunsucker is not impressing me at all, while losses to Jared Vanderaa and Carlos Felipe is worrisome to say the least. You can argue that they were close losses (maybe even won against CF), but to justify being such a big favourite you shouldn't even have close fights vs them two.

Magny has issues with long fighters imo. Every time I see the dude get backed up a bit by someone longer than him he gets cracked.
Can you list them for me, I have a completely different impression. He only lost to Shavkhat, who beat him in grappling. Burns, Ponzinibbio, Griffin, Larkin, RDA?

Griffin was skirting the cage, moving left and right and calf kicking. Magny was the one pressuring when he walked into a right hand.
Pushing the pace and holding the center of the octagon are 2 different things.

Can you list them for me, I have a completely different impression. He only lost to Shavkhat, who beat him in grappling. Burns, Ponzinibbio, Griffin, Larkin, RDA?

Ponzinibbio and Larkin especially. Doesn't like being backed up with shots coming down the pipe (although Larkin used loads of leg kicks too)

Ponzinibbio and Larkin especially. Doesn't like being backed up with shots coming down the pipe (although Larkin used loads of leg kicks too)
181cm height 184cm reach Larkin
183cm height 185cm reach Ponzinibbio

Neil Magny 191cm height 203cm reach

You mixed things up.

To be clear, i do think that Tafa wins this.... I just think the line is too wide.

Wins over Parker Porter and Harry Hunsucker is not impressing me at all, while losses to Jared Vanderaa and Carlos Felipe is worrisome to say the least. You can argue that they were close losses (maybe even won against CF), but to justify being such a big favourite you shouldn't even have close fights vs them two.
Oh I agree, those wins are not what constitute an impressive resume. I feel it's more likely we see early success in the striking for tafa. Heavyweight can be such a drag though if these two tire after 4 minutes

181cm height 184cm reach Larkin
183cm height 185cm reach Ponzinibbio

Neil Magny 191cm height 203cm reach

You mixed things up.

Well it's more a trend I notice with the dudes keeping distance and pressure towards the cage when they strike. They don't have to have a longer reach than him for it to work.

Well it's more a trend I notice with the dudes keeping distance and pressure towards the cage when they strike. They don't have to have a longer reach than him for it to work.
'' someone longer than him '' Dont get away with it.

After re-watching peeks fights man is he a raw fighter. Truly has Derrick Lewis vibes with his brawling technique to overcome his clearly more skilled opponents.
Only matter of time before someone takes advantage of his flaws and actually finishes him

After re-watching peeks fights man is he a raw fighter. Truly has Derrick Lewis vibes with his brawling technique to overcome his clearly more skilled opponents.
Only matter of time before someone takes advantage of his flaws and actually finishes him

Yup agree, there comes a time quite soon when it's time to fade him.
I think he gets it done this time though.

Back