UFC on ABC 5: Josh Emmett vs. Ilia Topuria, Jacksonville, Florida, June 24

Magny is declining, he's way slower then he used to be and doesn't push guys against the fence and control them anymore which he used to be good at. Watch his fight vs Max Griffin, he barely won and it looked like he was fighting in slow motion, he's not the same Magny who beat Geoff Neal a few years ago. Once you hit 35/36 you can fall off a cliff quick and show up the next fight looking like a shell of yourself. Rowe is looking better every fight. These guys are going 2 different directions Rowe at dog odds is a good bet.

Bet Jenkins pre tape then got into the tape and cashed out. Emmers looks like a way more well rounded and experienced fighter. Jenkins has good hands and leg kicks but I think Emmers will fight smart and take him down. Jenkins looked pretty green on the ground in his last fight, Shannis had him in some awkward kimura that only a white or shitty blue belt would get caught in. Jenkins leg kicks could pose problems on those skinny legs of Emmers and that knee that Sabatini tore appart but if Emmers fights smart which he usually does (minus the ill advised toe hold against Sabatini) he should win.

Topuria fights the first decent striker (who’s not even good) and almost gets flatlined in 30 seconds.
If that had happened then at least he'd have something in common with Emmett, who nearly died against Stephens, literally.

the thing about chat gbt or other ai is that they just scrub the internet , forums, twitter, commentary from pundits that get put into captions and then get scrubbed.

You're going to get a regurgitation of the general experts when you ask an ai. But you'll never get specifics on something you'll see on tape.

the thing about chat gbt or other ai is that they just scrub the internet , forums, twitter, commentary from pundits that get put into captions and then get scrubbed.

You're going to get a regurgitation of the general experts when you ask an ai. But you'll never get specifics on something you'll see on tape.

Hmm so kinda like that jeopardy episode with Ken Jennings vs. James houser vs a computer ken Jennings rang in to the question got it wrong then the computer rang in and gave the exact same answer ken Jennings did lol

Hmm so kinda like that jeopardy episode with Ken Jennings vs. James houser vs a computer ken Jennings rang in to the question got it wrong then the computer rang in and gave the exact same answer ken Jennings did lol
nerd-alert-austin-powers.gif

Zhumagulov ITD +375!? I'm just starting to tape this fight is Van any good?

Zhumagulov ITD +375!? I'm just starting to tape this fight is Van any good?

Van is a better striker than Zhalgas imo, he for sure is more dangerous, and his grappling has been rapidly improving every single fight so I wouldn't be shocked if he is also the better grappler by now.

Personally, I am staying away from the fight, otherwise I would label it as dog or pass.

I really don't like Topuria's ML -334. He SHOULD win, but that seems like the reward isn't worth the risk.
I'm really tempted by Topuria by Dec at +900 though. That's some good payout for something that could happen.
Emmett is a big strong lad, and will be looking to rebound after that starching Yair just gave him afterall.
Maybe I'll just bet on O2.5 +162.

If that had happened then at least he'd have something in common with Emmett, who nearly died against Stephens, literally.

If that fight happened in Vegas, Stephens would’ve been DQ’d for illegal knees to downed opponent

He missed the knee

I still think Emmett sleeps Topuria. ilias striking is very limited, and he’s defensively irresponsible. Bryce Mitchell almost TKO’d him in the first. Those looping punches won’t work on top 5 featherweights. And that panic wrestlin against Jai Herbert was the most embarassing shit , he should’ve just went out on his shield.

I still think Emmett sleeps Topuria. ilias striking is very limited, and he’s defensively irresponsible. Bryce Mitchell almost TKO’d him in the first. Those looping punches won’t work on top 5 featherweights. And that panic wrestlin against Jai Herbert was the most embarassing shit , he should’ve just went out on his shield.

Instead of coming back to win, he should have lost.

<JagsKiddingMe>

Are you saying he should have gone out and lost a fight he ended up winning?

Are you saying he should have gone out and lost a fight he ended up winning?

Yeah i dont care, he was being mean to Paddy for no reason that whole week. Ilia is a straight bully, and i remember last year he made fun of Evloev for pulling out, and then ducks Charles Jourdain

Back