UFC Vegas 76: Sean Strickland vs. Abus Magomedov, July 1

i think 90% of wmma sucks.

Its never consistent.

Its why you have girls with shitty records who are high ranked.

Even Nunes losing to Pena should be a clear indicator how inconsistent the wmma division is.

I won't touch wmma for a long time.

i think 90% of wmma sucks.

Its never consistent.

Its why you have girls with shitty records who are high ranked.

Even Nunes losing to Pena should be a clear indicator how inconsistent the wmma division is.

I won't touch wmma for a long time.

I don't know man it seemed pretty consistent to me.

Lipski's previous three opponents had been 0/16 on TD attempts and now after this fight her previous four opponents are 0/23 on TD attempts. I don't think there was any reason to believe Gatto would have success in taking Lipski down before the fight and there certainly is not coming out of it.

If anything Gatto significantly over performed because she nearly won a standup fight exclusively fought at range and out of the clinch. Her striking and footwork looked massively improved.

I don't know man it seemed pretty consistent to me.

Lipski's previous three opponents had been 0/16 on TD attempts and now after this fight her previous four opponents are 0/23 on TD attempts. I don't think there was any reason to believe Gatto would have success in taking Lipski down before the fight and there certainly is not coming out of it.

If anything Gatto significantly over performed because she nearly won a standup fight exclusively fought at range and out of the clinch. Her striking and footwork looked massively improved.
not really the last grappler was Montana and she was 11-6 at the time , she got grounded tko. yet Gatto gave Tracy a decent fght.

also the stats show Gatto should have won, judges probably don’t care. its an obscure wmma match. at the end the talent pool isn’t wide. this is nothing groundbreaking what im saying, everyone knows wmma is unreliable.

not really the last grappler was Montana and she was 11-6 at the time , she got grounded tko. yet Gatto gave Tracy a decent fght.

also the stats show Gatto should have won, judges probably don’t care. its an obscure wmma match. at the end the talent pool isn’t wide. this is nothing groundbreaking what im saying, everyone knows wmma is unreliable.

Montana is a wrestler while Gatto is a BJJ fighter so two completely different types of grappler. Montana got that TKO because she could take down and hold down Lipski.

I said it before the fight, as did others, that Gatto had absolutely no chance of taking Lipski down. Gatto has always had no ability to get fights to the ground and relied on opponents to take her down so she could utilize her BJJ.

It was a close fight in which Gatto significantly over performed by nearly winning a standup fight against Lipski. It doesn't matter whether its a male fighter, or a female one, if you are relying on MMA math (ex: Gatto took down a wrestler like Cortez so therefore she can take down Lipski) you are going to get burned.

Montana is a wrestler while Gatto is a BJJ fighter so two completely different types of grappler. Montana got that TKO because she could take down and hold down Lipski.

I said it before the fight, as did others, that Gatto had absolutely no chance of taking Lipski down. Gatto has always had no ability to get fights to the ground and relied on opponents to take her down so she could utilize her BJJ.

It was a close fight in which Gatto significantly over performed by nearly winning a standup fight against Lipski. It doesn't matter whether its a male fighter, or a female one, if you are relying on MMA math (ex: Gatto took down a wrestler like Cortez so therefore she can take down Lipski) you are going to get burned.
its not mma math. i have numbers that show the tapology voting community gets wmma wrong on average. its volatile , the biggest upsets in mma history were all wmma.

Pena,Grasso, Holm. where 500+ over dog money.

Back