UFC Vegas 76: Sean Strickland vs. Abus Magomedov, July 1

im on Morales train, yeah max has a chance but Morales is the young undefeated prospect, he can crack top 15, not gonna be derailed by Max.

He can go much higher than top 15 too. He is only 24 and a complete freak athlete and talent. Future contender. Max has a more complete and refined game and will test him everywhere but the talent gap is so large and one strike can completely change everything from Morales. He hits like a truck.

He can go much higher than top 15 too. He is only 24 and a complete freak athlete and talent. Future contender. Max has a more complete and refined game and will test him everywhere but the talent gap is so large and one strike can completely change everything from Morales. He hits like a truck.
in every other combat sport the young undefeated guy who has power usually wins against the vet who has 9 losses.

Not completely disregarding max but Morales ceiling for improvement is higher.

Ivanov was walking gingerly to the scale, and made a funny face while on the scale, like something was bothering him.

Romanov looked fat as fuck again.

Hopefully they cancel each other out and it goes deep into the fight like I originally expected it to.
Did an arbitrage on that one, Romanov by Sub/Dec 2.25 and Ivanov ML 2.14 small profit but all but guaranteed unless Romanov somehow KOs the chin of steel

Did an arbitrage on that one, Romanov by Sub/Dec 2.25 and Ivanov ML 2.14 small profit but all but guaranteed unless Romanov somehow KOs the chin of steel
A gnp ref stoppage isn’t out of the question if he secures a dominant position and can’t sub Ivanov. It doesn’t take much for refs to stop a hw fight due to gnp. I’m personally on gtd +195 and Ivanov +3.5 -110 but have thinking about a play on Romanov r1ko/tko +1400

Griffin has skill and is athlete himself but he is so basic. Not sure he has it in him to play the spoiler.
Morales looked impressive so far tho Im probably mixing his results with Borralho again and giving him too much credit.

Last edited:
A gnp ref stoppage isn’t out of the question if he secures a dominant position and can’t sub Ivanov. It doesn’t take much for refs to stop a hw fight due to gnp. I’m personally on gtd +195 and Ivanov +3.5 -110 but have thinking about a play on Romanov r1ko/tko +1400
I highly doubt it knowing both fighters

Ivanov too durable to finish but for some reason I see him getting robbed in dec loss.

Ariane Lipski (+200) is the best dog on the card imo. Her opponent Melissa Gatto has bad takedowns, even worse takedown defense, and non-existent striking defense. The betting line is based off of how Lipski's grappling looked in fights 2-3 years ago. I think she probably knocks Gatto out in the 1st or 2nd round.

Feel like I agree with this, though I do think Gatto has some striking defense haha.

Her grappling seems almost all opportunistic. She doesn't get people down, she usually gets taken down and goes from there. Hitting tds probably isn't going to be Lipski's approach though.

One big thing is the speed and snap of their striking. Lipski has a lot more of it than Gatto, which I really like.

She's almost a 3-1 dog, which is wild to me. I have her as a slight fav lol.

Still, it's hard to have a ton of faith with Lipski and her tdd. We just don't know where she is with it right now as she hasn't really used it in a while. Those losses a few years back weren't the worst losses. Montana can wrestle and rightly beat her easily. Gatto doesn't have that sort of wrestling at all.

Gatto's striking is very bad and she isn't dangerous. She stopped Eubanks with a kick to the body (Eubanks cant make 125 healthy), not with her hands, and Victoria Leonardo quit on her stool in between rounds because she death-gassed.

To add to this, Gatto might have finished Eubanks with the kick and everything, but that whole win was just a result of Eubanks having shit cardio and Gatto being the sort of fighter that makes you work and get tired no matter where she is, even if she's on her back.

We have lipski capped as a favorite here? The same lipski who got finished by mdlr and Antonina? The flake who doesn’t like being pressured and is chinny?

rip

Feel like I agree with this, though I do think Gatto has some striking defense haha.

Her grappling seems almost all opportunistic. She doesn't get people down, she usually gets taken down and goes from there. Hitting tds probably isn't going to be Lipski's approach though.

One big thing is the speed and snap of their striking. Lipski has a lot more of it than Gatto, which I really like.

She's almost a 3-1 dog, which is wild to me. I have her as a slight fav lol.

Still, it's hard to have a ton of faith with Lipski and her tdd. We just don't know where she is with it right now as she hasn't really used it in a while. Those losses a few years back weren't the worst losses. Montana can wrestle and rightly beat her easily. Gatto doesn't have that sort of wrestling at all.

BOL has Lipski sig strikes o/U at 29.5. Seems like that's just way too low. She could literally lose a clear decision and this could go way over. Even if she spends half the fight on her back she could land 30 sig strikes. A finish obviously would likely derail this but otherwise I think it cashes easy. Juiced a little at -125 but still big value imo.

We have lipski capped as a favorite here? The same lipski who got finished by mdlr and Antonina? The flake who doesn’t like being pressured and is chinny?

rip

Wouldn't favor her but line is too wide. More because I think Gatto isn't very good either.

Gatto is a lock for me. 3 Takedowns on Tracy and near 4 mins of ctrl time.

In my book, i refer to these as ‘positive stats’

Lipski did look improved in her last fight, which I believe was her first since training over at Nunes' camp

Back