UFC WMMA: The way to watch

Give me:

• Whole Fight Nights of just WMMA. No WMMA on the other cards.

• What we have now. A few WMMA fights on a card.

• None. I don’t like WMMA.

Results are only viewable after voting.
WMMA is terrible. WMMA would not survive (at any meaningful level) without men's MMA. Conversely men's MMA doesn't require WMMA to thrive. If the UFC ran three all WMMA PPV cards spaced an appropriate time period apart with WMMAs premier talent the results would be lackluster and would end any an all debate concerning its worth. Everyone can make all the arguments they want but the vast majority of MMA consumers aren't going to spend a nickel on WMMA. Is it fair? No. Is it true? Yes.

Oh @Fahcough. You don't even bother to watch the fights live, but you still think your opinion is relevant. That is adorable!
<YayKpop>
I watch the professional level co main and main, not the girls. 45 min is enough fix for 2-3 weeks.

Have you considered the possibility that they are trying to get more female fans/consumers because females are 50% of the population? Male sport fans are a saturated demographic, they already have all male consumers they can get.
Girls don't care about watching fights in the same way guys do.

Right! At least basketball fans dont lie about the wnba being amazing. Nba fans laugh at the wnba, but wmma fans try to pretend like the womens fighters are just as good as the mens. I’d love to see a stacked all wmma card and see how it does.
I actually never cared about any basketball. Tried to get into it like some of my friends did but it just doesn’t do anything for me. I don’t think that basketball fans are stupid or lying to themselves though. I just understand that we have totally different tastes.

Girls don't care about watching fights in the same way guys do.
That’s just not true though. You’re generalizing. Just like saying one fighter sucks so they all suck.

WMMA is terrible. WMMA would not survive (at any meaningful level) without men's MMA. Conversely men's MMA doesn't require WMMA to thrive. If the UFC ran three all WMMA PPV cards spaced an appropriate time period apart with WMMAs premier talent the results would be lackluster and would end any an all debate concerning its worth. Everyone can make all the arguments they want but the vast majority of MMA consumers aren't going to spend a nickel on WMMA. Is it fair? No. Is it true? Yes.
Did you know that men used to fight generally at the same level as the average UFC pro WMMA fighter? It’s true. The sport already has interesting standout fighters and the sport will continue to evolve just as it did for the men’s club.

I noticed some fan bases get along like oil and water and this seems like one of those things. Lol

Did you know that men used to fight generally at the same level as the average UFC pro WMMA fighter? It’s true. The sport already has interesting standout fighters and the sport will continue to evolve just as it did for the men’s club.

Sure did, I'm in my fifties and have been watching since UFC 1. Nonetheless I honestly don't believe WMMA will ever survive on its own. It is a niche within a niche and dollars will not be spent by consumers.

Sure did, I'm in my fifties and have been watching since UFC 1. Nonetheless I honestly don't believe WMMA will ever survive on its own. It is a niche within a niche and dollars will not be spent by consumers.
It doesn't have to survive on its own. UFC includes female divisions, which is how it should be.

And Invicta is all-female and they're doing fine.

It doesn't have to survive on its own. UFC includes female divisions, which is how it should be.

And Invicta is all-female and they're doing fine.

Disagree. WMMA not being able to stand on its own without male MMA being included illustrates all that needs to be said. Invicta survives, it doesn't thrive. Nobody outside MMA circles has even the slightest clue Invicta exists and that also shows exactly how popular WMMA is. WMMA is charity.

Disagree. WMMA not being able to stand on its own without male MMA being included illustrates all that needs to be said. Invicta survives, it doesn't thrive. Nobody outside MMA circles has even the slightest clue Invicta exists and that also shows exactly how popular WMMA is. WMMA is charity.
Lol one of the biggest mainstream MMA stars (of all time) was Ronda Rousey. And nobody outside of MMA circles knows that Bellator exists either.

MMA needed a massive push to be where it is today. If MMA had to just “stand on its own” like you say WMMA does, I don’t know if it would be as mainstream, as popular, as tolerated by society as it currently is.

MMA needed a massive push to be where it is today. If MMA had to just “stand on its own” like you say WMMA does, I don’t know if it would be as mainstream, as popular, as tolerated by society as it currently is.

MMA is a niche sport and will likely not ever match the scale of traditional sports. WMMA is as I said a niche within a niche. I don't see it evolving much in the coming decades. I could be wrong of course. The UFC will carry on with a few female fights per card maintaining status quo. There will be ebbs and flows but long term it is what it is (cliché I know).

MMA is a niche sport and will likely not ever match the scale of traditional sports. WMMA is as I said a niche within a niche. I don't see it evolving much in the coming decades. I could be wrong of course. The UFC will carry on with a few female fights per card maintaining status quo. There will be ebbs and flows but long term it is what it is (cliché I know).
I think you’re wrong. Women’s MMA is more popular than ever. The skill is only going to get better. Everything that can happen in men’s MMA can happen with them too. A bad female fighter or fight does not define an entire population of the sport.

I think you’re wrong. Women’s MMA is more popular than ever. The skill is only going to get better. Everything that can happen in men’s MMA can happen with them too. A bad female fighter or fight does not define an entire population of the sport.

Except that women will never match the speed and power of males and there in lies the problem. The overall lack of athleticism makes WMMA tough to watch from my vantage point. I'm consistent though, don't like heavyweights as a rule and I don't watch traditional big time college sports as they seem low rent and I've never been much of ra ra that is my school kind of guy. I loved Ben Askren's collegiate wrestling career and man was he good as a folk style wrestler. Horrific athlete within MMA and damn was he painful to watch.

Except that women will never match the speed and power of males and there in lies the problem. The overall lack of athleticism makes WMMA tough to watch from my vantage point. I'm consistent though, don't like heavyweights as a rule and I don't watch traditional big time college sports as they seem low rent and I've never been much of ra ra that is my school kind of guy. I loved Ben Askren's collegiate wrestling career and man was he good as a folk style wrestler. Horrific athlete within MMA and damn was he painful to watch.
A fighter’s power can be impressive in relative terms though. Smaller men’s weight classes are still exciting to me even though they don’t hit as hard as the biggest weight class. Now regarding speed, I think women can be just as fast as men. I think the short comings that people generally list are mostly myths.

A fighter’s power can be impressive in relative terms though. Smaller men’s weight classes are still exciting to me even though they don’t hit as hard as the biggest weight class. Now regarding speed, I think women can be just as fast as men. I think the short comings that people generally list are mostly myths.

I think the WNBA has shown there are no myths around speed and power with respect to men vs women. Women can be technical and well trained but in the end they are physically "weaker" and slower. I know those are harsh words and I mean no disrespect towards women, just what it is.

Back