Elections 1st Republican Presidential Primary Debate (8/23)

Who won the debate?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No, I don't care because both sides do it, and its usually Republicans that are called out for it.

I'm adding proper context its far far more common amongst Democrats.

Nice revisionist history. Our conversation started because you made a stupid claim surrounding the similarities and got called out for it.

So most republicans think Ron won

Which makes me think the dynamics are already set in stone and

- Ron needs to get better coaching and be more relatable
- the field needs to cull soon

and if that happens, then there’s a 50/50 chance Ron could beat trump

Trump interview with Tucker Carlson has over 230 million views on Twitter, much more interesting than the republican debate.

People need to start understanding what “views” are on Twitter. Means the video showed on someone’s feed and auto played. Many could be less than five second plays so it can’t be equated to something like a TV viewership rating.

I think it’s pretty likely they cut Asa and Burgum next round. If gift cards can’t be used, they are fucked on fundraising. Pence possibly could be in trouble too oddly enough.

Trump interview with Tucker Carlson has over 230 million views on Twitter, much more interesting than the republican debate.

230 million views. 682,300 likes.

0.3% like rate. Those don't look like good numbers.

Don't know enough to say, and the sample size supporting the claim that being general is good preparation is very small. But maybe. Without knowing much about him, I'd assume he's probably better than the current GOP candidates.
He is. He’s basically apolitical but a great leader and role model. As a 4 star admiral he could get the job done.

Thats crazy. I dont see that at all. DeStantis has a Jeb/Ted Cruz problem which means its ultimately a personality issue. Trump went after Cruz and Jeb's wives and they did nothing but shrivel up. Trump would do the same to DeSantis. Trump has shat on DeSantis even before Desantis announced his candidacy and continues to do so. Has DeStantis fought back? Nope.

Thats crazy. I dont see that at all. DeStantis has a Jeb/Ted Cruz problem which means its ultimately a personality issue. Trump went after Cruz and Jeb's wives and they did nothing but shrivel up. Trump would do the same to DeSantis. Trump has shat on DeSantis even before Desantis announced his candidacy and continues to do so. Has DeStantis fought back? Nope.

I thought he did okay, but looked awful. But it doesn’t matter. The dynamic appears to be unmoving. Minds have been made.

local radio
national radio
friends and co-workers, it all plays out like this

Last edited:
I think the current president, whoever it is, will get those kinds of comments, but it's kind of insane to think Biden lies anywhere near as much as Trump. The Biden hate is pretty instructive, generally, I think. The guy was in the public eye for decades, and everyone in both parties at least thought he was a good person. And then almost immediately after winning the presidency, he suddenly becomes history's greatest monster.
You justify every lie he utters and try to find a logical reason to do so. The facts don't lie. He lied about his College achievements. He lied about talking to his son's associates. He lied about the fire in his house. He lied about his son's death. He lied about his uncle. He lied about his trips in Afghanistan and Iraq. He lied about gas prices. He lied about student loan forgiveness. He lied about his civil right involvement. Etc.

These are not opinions. We're talking about irrefutable facts. Biden has always been a lying pos.

You're 100% right. It is indeed pretty instructive you keep acting like he's not a lying sack of shit and justify everything he says. You want to be perceived as a man who calls out the BS on both sides, a man who doesn't take a side, but your answers tell a different story. Don't PM me. I'm done with this shit. Answer me on the forum if you want an answer.

You're a political hack. Own it. It's sad because you're a very intelligent man. You're just awful at introspection.

F4Uf5woXAAAP3y7

You justify every lie he utters and try to find a logical reason to do so.

I do?

The facts don't lie. He lied about his College achievements. He lied about talking to his son's associates. He lied about the fire in his house. He lied about his son's death. He lied about his uncle. He lied about his trips in Afghanistan and Iraq. He lied about gas prices. He lied about student loan forgiveness. He lied about his civil right involvement. Etc.

These are not opinions. We're talking about irrefutable facts. Biden has always been a lying pos.

You're 100% right. It is indeed pretty instructive you keep acting like he's not a lying sack of shit and justify everything he says. You want to be perceived as a man who calls out the BS on both sides, a man who doesn't take a side, but your answers tell a different story. Don't PM me. I'm done with this shit. Answer me on the forum if you want an answer.

You're a political hack. Own it. It's sad because you're a very intelligent man. You're just awful at introspection.

Yeah, I'm a big poopy head and a partisan because I don't irrationally hate the president. What I said is true, though. For 40 years, he was well-liked by people on both sides, and then when he became president, everyone felt the need to pretend that he's some monster. I even remember here in the WR, when Hillary was the Worst Person Who Ever Lived, people were saying that they didn't just say that about whoever the Democratic presidential nominee was, and if they nominated Biden, no one would be making personal attacks.

I do?

Yeah, I'm a big poopy head and a partisan because I don't irrationally hate the president. What I said is true, though. For 40 years, he was well-liked by people on both sides, and then when he became president, everyone felt the need to pretend that he's some monster. I even remember here in the WR, when Hillary was the Worst Person Who Ever Lived, people were saying that they didn't just say that about whoever the Democratic presidential nominee was, and if they nominated Biden, no one would be making personal attacks.
"Trump lies, Biden lies, it's all the same. Exactly the same. That's why we need to lock up Hillary Clinton and Hunter Biden. It's the fair thing to do."

I do?

that is true, I remember rooting him on when he kicked the shit out of Paul Ryan in the debates

Last edited:
Back