Elections 1st Republican Presidential Primary Debate (8/23)

Who won the debate?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Every boot licking coward on that stage other than Christie & Hutchinson should be forced to run with these 2 campaigns slogan caveats.
#1-"I'm only here to audition to be Trump's whipping boy and Vice President. I am a beta to my core."
Or
#2-"I'm literally looking to be the replacement candidate if daddy Trump can't run or drops out due to being charged with heavy felonies."

This was the political equivalent to a backup fighter weighing in as the alternate if one of the main event fighters got injured or pulled out.

On a stage full of spineless jellyfish Mike Pence stands out as extra slimy and crooked.
He admits Trump asked him to violate the constitution yet would still support him just to not piss off magtards. I don't think i have seen a more shameful political cucking since Ted Cruz phone banked for Trump after Tump spit on Ted's dead father & fugly wife.

This is how sick MAGA is.... Look at all the people who have turned on Trump. THESE ARE PEOPLE HE CHOSE & HIRED/APPOINTED....
Even his righthand man #1 pick doesn't feel he is fit to be president. So if you blame them for being RINOs, part of the deep state, or turning on Trump, ITS STILL 100% his fault. He chose all these horrible people. People he assured you were the best and well vetted.

The best part is more of his MAGA appointees & co-conspirators will continue to turn once their legal bills start to pile up in the indictments. LMAO

Pence attacked Vivek mostly for being a young whippersnapper multiple times. Funnily enough Vivek is old enough by constitutional standards to be President.

What is it Pence? Don't you respect the constitution?
35 years old.
American citizen.
Lived in the US for at least 14 years.

That's it. You're qualified.

People said the same thing about Obama. I scratched my head then when people said he was unqualified to be president. I'll scratch my head this year if people say the same about Vivek.

Pence should also read the room that people are tired of geriatrics creating policy in the White House, Congress, or SCOTUS.

Vivek both won and lost the debate. Crazy. Moat entertaining but worst message

Is this real? Look at him mouth vs the words being said. Could be my phone is slow or the video is fucked up but I’m skeptical now with viral videos like this. With that said, I’m sure Obama has said some thing similar, just maybe not that exact sentence.

He is the Rubio campaign of 16. Will be optimistic and try to avoid engaging other candidates which has its limits in this primary. I think he has to bank on a lot of people crashing and burning to ever get to #1 with that strategy. With that said, rhetorically I like him and probably but him right behind Haley. However, I haven’t been able to find anything all that impressive with his time in the Senate. This field is all people mostly with executive level experience and that likely is going to help any of them attack Scott who just makes up down votes on bills contain many provisions vs them being able to point out direct actions they were able to do. I think normally a senator is at a big disadvantage for the GOP primary for that reason.
July 28, 2004, 11:12 AM ADT / Source: The Associated Press
'Skinny kid with funny name' rallies Democrats
Making his national debut, “a skinny kid with a funny name” brought Democrats to their feet with a call for unity and a message of hope.

Edit: found the actual speech transcript.

To wit,
http://americanradioworks.publicradio.org/features/blackspeech/bobama.html
"I'm not talking about blind optimism here - the almost willful ignorance that thinks unemployment will go away if we just don't think about it, or the health care crisis will solve itself if we just ignore it. That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about something more substantial. It's the hope of slaves sitting around a fire singing freedom songs. The hope of immigrants setting out for distant shores. The hope of a young naval lieutenant bravely patrolling the Mekong Delta. The hope of a mill worker's son who dares to defy the odds. The hope of a skinny kid with a funny name who believes that America has a place for him too."

35 years old.
American citizen.
Lived in the US for at least 14 years.

That's it. You're qualified.

People said the same thing about Obama. I scratched my head then when people said he was unqualified to be president. I'll scratch my head this year if people say the same about Vivek.

Pence should also read the room that people are tired of geriatrics creating policy in the White House, Congress, or SCOTUS.
i dont think their concern is the age citizenship, or living in the USA for 14 years that makes them "disqualified".

July 28, 2004, 11:12 AM ADT / Source: The Associated Press
'Skinny kid with funny name' rallies Democrats
Making his national debut, “a skinny kid with a funny name” brought Democrats to their feet with a call for unity and a message of hope.

Edit: found the actual speech transcript.

To wit,
http://americanradioworks.publicradio.org/features/blackspeech/bobama.html
"I'm not talking about blind optimism here - the almost willful ignorance that thinks unemployment will go away if we just don't think about it, or the health care crisis will solve itself if we just ignore it. That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about something more substantial. It's the hope of slaves sitting around a fire singing freedom songs. The hope of immigrants setting out for distant shores. The hope of a young naval lieutenant bravely patrolling the Mekong Delta. The hope of a mill worker's son who dares to defy the odds. The hope of a skinny kid with a funny name who believes that America has a place for him too."

Reality Check - Democrats are pretending they give a shit about plagarism.

Vivek - came off as the best speaker of lot but he just alienated all moderates with Climate Hoax n revolution talk . He won battle (debate) but committed war suicide. He has charisma though I admit.

Haley - was real winner here. Logical , articulate, on point, an wasn't rattled. Good showing for Haley. I think Haley becomes VP csnidate. She is also imo the canidate who can be nom if Trump falters.

Desantis - done an he wasn't terrible last night but no charisma. He's a hall monitor personality . Has the best substance and would be most actionable of canidates just no delivery at all.. Biden now even beats him in a debate. He was left alone last night and still was mediocre I need to see how he does under fire but looks bad imo right now.

Pence is an angry old man shaking fist saying look at me look at me.

Christie - was actually good and would be there with Haley but he alienated Trumps base.

Scott - I had mega hopes for. He did great very end but was mediocre at best rest of debate. He might not have the chops for a potus run. Vp at best for Scott.
I thought Vivek was a douche. Definitely not the best speaker and leaned towards a lot of empty statements, imo.

Haley was very well balanced. Thoughtful and well reasoned but not stiff. I think she did very well for herself.

DeSantis wasn't bad. I don't agree with a lot of what he's done in Florida. He was measured but not inspiring.

Pence was also reasonable with his ideas but I think he leaned too much on "I have experience" at the expense of detail.

Christie was the most mature. I think he had the best grasp on what the nation should be morally. I don't remember his policy that well but he had the clear moral high ground in his responses.

Scott was solid but unremarkable. His answers were good, his delivery was ok (one time he did lean into Southern Baptist preacher intonation). Like DeSantis, good not inspiring.

The other governor whose name I can't remember (not Hutchinson) was also reasonable and responsible.

To me, it's unfortunate that people are going to respond to Vivek's energy because he was the least well thought out person up there but he did have the right energy for the that audience.

Haley, Christie, Ron and Vivek all fell in my eyes. Pence stood his ground, Scott kept his good guy persona, others were unassuming as expected.

It’s too early but I really think GOP needs to rally either behind trump or narrow down the field to beat trump. These guys looked very irrelevant.

me too, shared a tent with some seals and cia guys for a few nights. i'm basically a registered state weapon at this point.
A Navy deployment is just a 6 month cruise out to the gulf. Even the lowest ranked guy right out of bootcamp on one of the supply ships can make the claim he deployed with them.

I did eat a tray of chicken nuggets with them once though. They're pretty serious guys IRL. And by eat with them I mean I sat in the back and grabbed some of the leftover stuff they didn't want.

Last edited:
It's actually kind of bizarre there are multiple posters here insisting that Vivek is just more of the same when he is literally the only Republican candidate to ever question the U.S. steadfast support for Israel. I disagree with the guy on pretty much everything else but he is right on that issue, Of course the right wing media is trying to portray him as an "anti-semite" as they always do. Identity politics, at its worst.
That stance will lose him the evangelical vote as if they need another reason to not choose him

It's actually kind of bizarre there are multiple posters here insisting that Vivek is just more of the same when he is literally the only Republican candidate to ever question the U.S. steadfast support for Israel. I disagree with the guy on pretty much everything else but he is right on that issue, Of course the right wing media is trying to portray him as an "anti-semite" as they always do. Identity politics, at its worst.
Probably because when they say more of the same, they're looking at his broad positions and approach, rather than that single issue. If that's a major issue for someone then, yeah, he's different. But if it's just one issue in a sea of other issues, it's not enough to change that he's trying to channel the same Trumpian energy and positioning. He will find out, like DeSantis did, that so long as Trump is still around, no one really wants Trump-esque when the real deal is still available.

Vivek wants to transform the country into a machine of evangelical business production.

“There needs to be some civic experience you need to have gone through in order to actually vote,” Ramaswamy said. “That experience could be living seven years as an adult and voting at age 25. That experience could be direct service to the country or some first responder service,” or, he added, passing a civics test.”

Wants the voting age limited but also influenced by a certain experience, wants to put students to a civics test, sounds like programming, wants mental health to be addressed in a faith based manner

That’s all quackery shit, and actually just unnecessary. We have problems sure but all of that is way overboard and a huge expansion of government involvement in freedom of religion, right to democracy, and freedom of speech.

he’s the only one getting conservatives excited because they think he’s going to “tell it like it is and drain the swamp” same sucker line they fell for when Trump ran

Back