How excited are you to watch the upcoming summer Olympics?

How excited are you out of 10?

• Total voters
Yep Netflix are absolutely going to make a documentary on US doping culture, maybe the odd patsy like Armstrong will get busted when there cheating becomes too big to ignore but lets be honest whilst the Russians were most likely doping at a state level theres simply no apatite from the western media to shine the same kind of light on ourselves and we clearly have more control over the IOC.

This is sport being used as a pawn in geopolitics and it detracts from it massively for me.
Al Jazeera went after an american golden boy from the NFL. Within a few weeks, they were off the air on the US market.

Of course you didn't watch it. You're an ignorant Karen.

It was a self-produced documentary that started out as a study about how positive an effect steroids could have on the performance of amateur cyclers (like the filmmaker). He was going to take steroids himself to measure the improvement. Halfway into learning what to do he met Russians, by chance, and his documentary completely morphed because of the things he learned from them, and about them. It was all Russians who provided the testimony. It wasn't a hit piece by Netflix, and LOL, I'm scratching my head trying to figure out where the logic is in believing a global private company like Netflix would have a jingoistic interest in smearing some country that cheated at an unprecedent, nationwide, systemic level in the manner the Russians have been cheating for over a decade, now.

You're one of those people who possesses so little knowledge, you believe all evils are equivalent. It's the hallmark of someone who knows nothing, so he'll believe anything.

No I havent watched the documentary but yes I have followed the story and the evidence of state doping does seem pretty conclusive. My issue is that I don't think the same light would be put on doping cultures in western nations dispite their still being pretty strong hints they remain quite prevalent and that the decision to ban the Russians was mostly likely the result of heavy pressure on the IOC from western nations, I mean the latter wasnt even hidden it was very public.

The Olympics have I think very clearly become a political battleground again but compared to the cold war era one were the west clearly has vastly more power.

Last edited:
No I havent watched the documentary .
Concession accepted.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg. There were hundreds of articles covering. There were government inquiries. I've written about much of this on Sherdog in the past.

At least you're willing to admit you're ignorant.

Back