How excited are you to watch the upcoming summer Olympics?

How excited are you out of 10?

• Total voters
Still feels like Russia is banned lol.

Last edited:
Yeah real shame about the fans, not half as good without them.

Just the greco and freestyle wrestling matches. When are they on?

I love skateboarding but it’s not a sport and seeing skaters in weird uniforms stressing the fuck out in a weird sterile skatepark while they try really complicated and technical tricks 99% of the folks at home can’t really follow wasn’t doing anything for me.

Still feels like Russia is banned lol.
If there was any justice in the sporting world they would be. They weaseled out of it last time because Putin intimidated the ruling councils who effectively overturned the spiritual sentencing of the world's court of arbitration.

Without fans a lot of sports are boring... Beach Vball is avg...
while 3 on 3 basketball is very fun to watch.
Swimming is ok..
Oh well...

I got Judo,Wresting, Weightlifting set to record 7/30-7/31. Always enjoy watching the Iran team .

US kinda getting their shit pushed in compared to expectations

Defintiely not gonna hit initial the vegas line of 44.5 gold medals

Biles I feel is lucky to be moving on in all of her events. Kinda surprising with how finicky gymnastics jusging is, not just stepping out of bounds but completely flying off the mat and nearly into the seats was only a 0.3 point deduction. Stumbled bad on beam as well after completely falling off a couple days ago.

Last edited:
Philippines won it's first-ever Olympic gold medal

121 pound woman clean and jerked 280 pounds. Just holy wow

As an aside, does anyone know if oly lifters cut weight? When is weigh ins compared to competition?

Biles I feel is lucky to be moving on in all of her events. Kinda surprising with how finicky gymnastics jusging is, not just stepping out of bounds but completely flying off the mat and nearly into the seats was only a 0.3 point deduction. Stumbled bad on beam as well after completely falling off a couple days ago.
Honestly, it seems to me that gymnastics judging is decided before the competition is held. That sport is a cesspool. The ultimate insiders club.

Because I saw what you're talking about. Some other girl from a different team vaulted just before the US took their turn. She wasn't flawless, but she didn't make any major mistakes. I can't remember what he difficulty was, but that's irrelevant, it doesn't matter. Her execution score was an 8.325.

A few athletes later, and I'm watching Simone run down. She nearly fucking flips off the whole mat-- not just the "out of bounds" line, she actually has to step off the mat she's vaulted so crooked. Took a huge step sideways in stepping off the mat just to keep from falling over. That's how bad her balance was.

She gets a fucking 9.300 for the execution.

And you just hear our announcer fellating himself over how great she is every time the camera is on her. You can tell the judges hold the same opinion. She's won before she's taken a step. It's sickening. Let her earn it.

Honestly, it seems to me that gymnastics judging is decided before the competition is held. That sport is a cesspool. The ultimate insiders club.

Because I saw what you're talking about. Some other girl from a different team vaulted just before the US took their turn. She wasn't flawless, but she didn't make any major mistakes. I can't remember what he difficulty was, but that's irrelevant, it doesn't matter. Her execution score was an 8.325.

A few athletes later, and I'm watching Simone run down. She nearly fucking flips off the whole mat-- not just the "out of bounds" line, she actually has to step off the mat she's vaulted so crooked. Took a huge step sideways in stepping off the mat just to keep from falling over. That's how bad her balance was.

She gets a fucking 9.300 for the execution.

And you just hear our announcer fellating himself over how great she is every time the camera is on her. You can tell the judges hold the same opinion. She's won before she's taken a step. It's sickening. Let her earn it.
Not going to happen but kick out all sports from olympics where judges decide the winner (often like this).

If there was any justice in the sporting world they would be. They weaseled out of it last time because Putin intimidated the ruling councils who effectively overturned the spiritual sentencing of the world's court of arbitration.

Its this kind of nationalism thats making the Olympics significantly worse to watch, I spose it never really went away but at least seemed diminished after the cold war were as its back full force now.

Its this kind of nationalism thats making the Olympics significantly worse to watch, I spose it never really went away but at least seemed diminished after the cold war were as its back full force now.
Go watch Icarus, nitwit.

I'm not wasting my time on the ignorant.

Go watch Icarus, nitwit.

I'm not wasting my time on the ignorant.

Basically the difference between a culture of state sponsored doping in Russia and one of it happening at an individual level in the US with authorities turning a blind eye.

By your own standards you should have been thrown out of the Olympics back in the 90's until you did something to some rampant PED use culture in your sports.

Not to mention pulling out of ther 1980 games due to the Russian invasnion of Afganistan, how many US "interventions" since then?

Basically the difference between a culture of state sponsored doping in Russia and one of it happening at an individual level in the US with authorities turning a blind eye.

By your own standards you should have been thrown out of the Olympics back in the 90's until you did something to some rampant PED use culture in your sports.

Not to mention pulling out of ther 1980 games due to the Russian invasnion of Afganistan, how many US "interventions" since then?
Basically you're blathering out of your ass because you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Educate yourself.

Yep Netflix are absolutely going to make a documentary on US doping culture, maybe the odd patsy like Armstrong will get busted when there cheating becomes too big to ignore but lets be honest whilst the Russians were most likely doping at a state level theres simply no apatite from the western media to shine the same kind of light on ourselves and we clearly have more control over the IOC.

This is sport being used as a pawn in geopolitics and it detracts from it massively for me.

Yep Netflix are absolutely going to make a documentary on US doping culture, maybe the odd patsy like Armstrong will get busted when there cheating becomes too big to ignore but lets be honest whilst the Russians were most likely doping at a state level theres simply no apatite from the western media to shine the same kind of light on ourselves and we clearly have more control over the IOC.

This is sport being used as a pawn in geopolitics and it detracts from it massively for me.
Of course you didn't watch it. You're an ignorant Karen.

It was a self-produced documentary that started out as a study about how positive an effect steroids could have on the performance of amateur cyclers (like the filmmaker). He was going to take steroids himself to measure the improvement. Halfway into learning what to do he met Russians, by chance, and his documentary completely morphed because of the things he learned from them, and about them. It was all Russians who provided the testimony. It wasn't a hit piece by Netflix, and LOL, I'm scratching my head trying to figure out where the logic is in believing a global private company like Netflix would have a jingoistic interest in smearing some country that cheated at an unprecedent, nationwide, systemic level in the manner the Russians have been cheating for over a decade, now.

You're one of those people who possesses so little knowledge, you believe all evils are equivalent. It's the hallmark of someone who knows nothing, so he'll believe anything.

Not sure if it's nationalism, or simply "who is more marketable will be the winner".

- large market country
- compelling story
- everyone makes money

Back