*** Sterling vs. Yan Scoring MEGATHREAD ***

How Did You Score the Fight?

• Total voters
What did he do in the entire fight to warrant a win? To take the title home you need to decisively beat the champ. It was his own fault Sterling became the champ and the onus was on him to prove the title belonged to him. He did not deserve to take the title home last night.

Getting DQed for not knowing the rules in the first fight and then putting up a lackluster performance in the subsequent rematch is deserving of the title? Nah... the title is in the right hands.

aljamain-sterling-ufc-title.jpg

the tears taste delicious
What did he do to win the fight?
He won rounds 1,4 and 5. Yan 48-47.

What did he do in the entire fight to warrant a win? To take the title home you need to decisively beat the champ. It was his own fault Sterling became the champ and the onus was on him to prove the title belonged to him. He did not deserve to take the title home last night.

Getting DQed for not knowing the rules in the first fight and then putting up a lackluster performance in the subsequent rematch is deserving of the title? Nah... the title is in the right hands.

aljamain-sterling-ufc-title.jpg

the tears taste delicious

It's easy, I thought he won three rounds to two, that's how I thought he won.

And that's why ufc is stagnet. If they had a respectable person running things. Ufc would be more main stream by now. Ufc peaked in the gsp. Silva and jj era. And has been stagnet ever since. Dana always lets his feeling dictate the ufc.
They are valuing the UFC at about 8 or 9 billion right now. Your peak theory could be in question.

You must dole out a tonne of 10-8 scores lad.

Compared to the judges and seemingly many sherdoggers, yeah. But it's more logical; a 10-9 round is a close round, a 10-8 round is either a dominant round (like that round 2) or a round that was mostly close except for a near finish from the guy who was winning, 10-7 is a round with multiple near-finishes. Everyone else in MMA seems to score rounds as if there's a 2 point system rather than a 10 point system: why act as if the scoring system only offers 10-9 and 10-8?

Round 2 was clearly on a different level of dominance than the others, thus 10-8. Scoring it the same as the other rounds is objectively misleading.

Is this thread where all the sore losers cry? LOL

Do you even mma bro? Peter's damage throughout the fight was devastating it should be a 10-7 for rounds 4-5. /s hahahhaha

Yan was almost moving too fast and giving up his back in the scrambles. He would’ve been better to let Sterling sit in his guard.

It is the only argument that can used to be assess a correct decision after the fight was over. We assess the judges' decision based on how closely they followed the UFC judging criteria, and in this case, two of the judges gave the correct decision based on the UFC judging criteria.

So you think 48-47 for Sterling was the correct decision? Did you think there was a 10-8 round?

.... he literally is. stop. get some some help.
He usually stays neutral. He's only vocal when he has beef with the fighter. Notice how he didn't say shit about Dern vs Torres. Get the fuck out of my notifications, bum.

He's still pissed about Sterling complaining about money like six years ago.

Incredibly petty and unprofessional.
I think you have to be a sociopath to be a billionaire.

It all comes down to round 1. What were the official stats for the round?

Yan blew it. All he had to do was either stay upright and strike or sprawl and get top position and he wins the fight. He just got into two bad positions in rounds 2 and 3. Very unfortunate for him.
I actually think the path to a Yan victory has to involve initiating the grappling. Sitting around trying to sprawn all fight is what cost him, Sterling is too determined and eventually will get the back like he did last night.

You saw when Yan decided to play his game in the last 2 rounds he's strong enough and skilled enough to control Sterling on the ground himself.. I think in the third that's what he needs to do earlier. Kind of like how Maia did it to Fitch.. use the gameplan against the guy who wants to stick to you like glue all fight.

Yan always starts slow and gives away the first round.. I get it he's very cautious and likes to get his opponents timing down, but that bit him in the ass last night. A takedown in the last minute of the first round could have been all it took to get that win last night. He got out played in the gameplanning last night and some adjustments in the third fight he could have a dominant victory. It is what it is, both guys are pretty unlikable so I didnt really care who won lol. But I had a feeling this was going to happen, his corner was awful last night and they came in acting like a win was going to be easy.

Sterling was always the better fighter

Yan couldn't even beat a injured gassed Sterling the 1st time and had to resort to an illegal knee because he was frustrated on how tough Sterling was

2nd fight a healthy Sterling outstruck and controlled Yan for the majority of the fight
Yan did have to resort to some LnP to win a round but did not do enough to win the fight

Even coming into the 1st fight Sterling had the better wins

People just hate Sterling for reasons and love Yan which clouded their opinion on who was the actual better fighter

I had it 3-2 Petr Yan, but I’m not mad at the decision. I think if this fight went 5 more rounds, Petr would’ve had more success. Winning the championship rounds means a lot to me.

Back