UFC Fight Night: Hall vs. Silva

Reminder, we're in the small cage for the rest of the year

So do you like Yanez v Rodriguez under @ +money?

I like Fili and Mitchell way too much and wish this fight was never happening. It’s a pass for me here.

Kevin Holland is almost lock of the night IMO. Biggest bet in the card so far.

Holland’s potential is sky-high but his game-planning is virtually non-existent. He absolutely has the ability to win this fight, but he is never someone you can count on to head towards the path of least resistance. He’s the textbook definition of a go-with-the-flow fighter who is content to take what you give him and play the game in any facet. It leads to fights like his last one with Stewart that could have gone the other way with different judges, despite Holland having the skill-set in that matchup to cruise to a 30-27.

Holland’s potential is sky-high but his game-planning is virtually non-existent. He absolutely has the ability to win this fight, but he is never someone you can count on to head towards the path of least resistance. He’s the textbook definition of a go-with-the-flow fighter who is content to take what you give him and play the game in any facet. It leads to fights like his last one with Stewart that could have gone the other way with different judges, despite Holland having the skill-set in that matchup to cruise to a 30-27.
I thought he looked great vs Buckley, daring him to come inside his range and punishing him every time he did. His stand up has improved quite a bit over the course of his career. Even in his last few fights, he’s straighten out his punches and sits down on them. He even throws power shots now and is more than capable of knocking people out.

I think I missed his fight with Stewart. I’ll have to rewatch it but it sounds like he showed some regression

Fili + Hardy parlay @ +225, only play of the night.

400 to win 900

Bryce Mitchell's odds went from -170 to -163
Sadistics, tell me to bet the house on him

giphy.gif

So do you like Yanez v Rodriguez under @ +money?

I like Fili and Mitchell way too much and wish this fight was never happening. It’s a pass for me here.

Kinda, but evens on a BW under where neither have big power and no apparent sub threat is keeping me away. Yanez should tool him though.

I thought he looked great vs Buckley, daring him to come inside his range and punishing him every time he did. His stand up has improved quite a bit over the course of his career. Even in his last few fights, he’s straighten out his punches and sits down on them. He even throws power shots now and is more than capable of knocking people out.

I think I missed his fight with Stewart. I’ll have to rewatch it but it sounds like he showed some regression

Can't say for sure but it looked like Holland was far from 100% in that Stewart fight. Knee braces on both legs and gassed like never before.

Greene-Hardy is going to be an awful split decision most likely. Hardy's striking style relies a ton on his length/reach to insulate him defensively.

Good chancei t grinds into a terrible legkick-fest if Hardy doesn't blitz him out inside 2 minutes.

Locks : Hernandez/Strickland/Casey/Jacoby

Dogs: Greene/Silva/Natvidad/Moises

I could see any of these dogs winning, Greene by DQ, silva getting a weird decision & natvidad is the better striker, with good TDD and a better gas tank.

I could see any of these dogs winning, Greene by DQ, silva getting a weird decision & natvidad is the better striker, with good TDD and a better gas tank.
Yup i agree i think there will be at least a few dogs who will problary win. Silva could win and retire. I would go careful for the main event.

Last edited:
Greene-Hardy is going to be an awful split decision most likely. Hardy's striking style relies a ton on his length/reach to insulate him defensively.

Good chancei t grinds into a terrible legkick-fest if Hardy doesn't blitz him out inside 2 minutes.
The leg kicks alone will be enough for Hardy to cruise to a decision. Unlike Villante and Hughes, 2 fights that were splits or on the way to being splits, Hardy is not slow as shit. Couple of big eye catching shots per round will be enough. Might even KO him.

value on gtd in the hardy fight imo, played it small at +220

idk what’s stopping me from betting on Hall

I think i’m just kinda curious if late money is gonna come on Anderson because the whole retirement thing but I probably wouldn’t take —45 year old— Anderson over any MW in the top 15

How do you see Moises winning? I always underestimate Green, but his getups are very good and his tdd is good enough. I don't think Moises will be able to deal with the hand speed either. Might look a little like Moises/Johnson.

The lines suck, but the reads are pretty easy. Gonna be a big parlay card.

idk what’s stopping me from betting on Hall

I think i’m just kinda curious if late money is gonna come on Anderson because the whole retirement thing but I probably wouldn’t take —45 year old— Anderson over any MW in the top 15

Hall can be pressured and trapped and his fight IQ is a constant question. I'm curious if there's value on the under 4.5. Silva's leg is a paper towel roll and Hall throws enough leg kicks to maybe break it. Adesanya nearly did in the 1st.

How do you see Moises winning? I always underestimate Green, but his getups are very good and his tdd is good enough. I don't think Moises will be able to deal with the hand speed either. Might look a little like Moises/Johnson.

The lines suck, but the reads are pretty easy. Gonna be a big parlay card.

Hall can be pressured and trapped and his fight IQ is a constant question. I'm curious if there's value on the under 4.5. Silva's leg is a paper towel roll and Hall throws enough leg kicks to maybe break it. Adesanya nearly did in the 1st.
u4.5 is +105 atm. That's a lot of time for someone to get finished, might be worth a stab.

Can't say for sure but it looked like Holland was far from 100% in that Stewart fight. Knee braces on both legs and gassed like never before.

You also have to wonder how much of a role having 3 fights in 4 months played in that. Not to mention the Trevin Giles fight day fiasco or him pulling out of the Rodriguez fight with a shoulder injury in the middle of those. It may be worth considering that this is going to be Holland’s 4 fight and 5th official weigh in / fight camp in 5 months. Since he isn’t a big weight-cutter the activity level might be a positive for a guy like Holland, but it’s also a lot of wear and tear on the body with minimal healing time.

The leg kicks alone will be enough for Hardy to cruise to a decision. Unlike Villante and Hughes, 2 fights that were splits or on the way to being splits, Hardy is not slow as shit. Couple of big eye catching shots per round will be enough. Might even KO him.
Hardy's dropped rounds against Castro and Sosoli. I wouldn't say he's graduated out of the Villante/Hughes level of competition.

Is Hernandez that much of a lock? I think that Gruetz and Dober have similar pressure based striking styles, while Dober is much better than Gruetz, Hernandez wilted under that pressure pretty quickly. If Hernandez doesn't get an early KO I can see him gassing hard in R2 and R3. I think Hernandez is overrated, esp his striking, if he doesn't use his wrestling enough, he could lose the striking battle through attrition.

Last edited:
I think I will bet all favourites except Miles,Bryce and Holland because this fights have upset potential.

Yep, he was the Holland of old in that fight against Stewart.

Back