UFC Vegas 62: Grasso vs. Araujo, Sat, Oct 15

Not a whole lot of things to like about this card. Kinda like last week. Bunch of low tier guys with prices not worth paying

Will be looking for props again, just not going 20 units deep on low level bums like dern

Not a whole lot of things to like about this card. Kinda like last week. Bunch of low tier guys with prices not worth paying

Will be looking for props again, just not going 20 units deep on low level bums like dern

I would argue Dern has a high level bum.

I would argue Dern has a high level bum.
Dudz McKenzie has been black listed. Should’ve done it after she burned me on marina

my regret is having so much on her finishing. Had I bet a few units I probably wouldn’t care. But still, how does she not finish Chinese bum with almost 8 minutes of control time?

Is it crazy to say there is some value on Jackson?

Let's be real - Pete Rodriguez is not UFC caliber either.

Jackson is 3-4 inches taller, has great footwork, good jab, good head movement and some fight IQ. Plus he has 4-0 pro boxing record.

Pete is a plodding forward bum. There is a possibility that Mike could style on him, circle around him, outpoint him and win the contest by points. I'v seen few videos of Jackson boxing (ig: shitsandgigglesbrand) and i don't think he is technically that bad. I also think he is faster than Pete Rodriguez. Of course Pete should be favored but that much?

Jackson is 3-4 inches taller, has great footwork, good jab, good head movement and some fight IQ. Plus he has 4-0 pro boxing record.

Pete is a plodding forward bum. There is a possibility that Mike could style on him, circle around him, outpoint him and win the contest by points. I'v seen few videos of Jackson boxing (ig: shitsandgigglesbrand) and i don't think he is technically that bad. I also think he is faster than Pete Rodriguez. Of course Pete should be favored but that much?
I agree he has some boxing skills,but great footwork is a little too much.He was getting pieced up by that Barry guy and would get finished.Rodriguez is plodding but throws with power and mixes up head and body with some low kicks too,he landed some on JackDella that would probably put Jackson out.No way I'm playing that ML,but I wouldn't throw money on Jackson,will watch for the Rodriguez props.

I think it's one of those temptingly long ones that won't actually happen tbh. Rodriguez isn't anything special but he was at least legitimately on the UFC radar for his performances when he got signed. Jackson is a photographer that dabbles as an MMA fighter.

Pete Rodriguez isn't great, but he should murder Mike Jackson, right?

I said the same thing about the last can that was supposed to kill Mike, I went huge on it, and got fucked big time.

Was a DQ wasn't it? Jackson was gonna get smoked in that one iirc but it had a weird DQ?

Jackson couldn't finish CM Punk. Rodriguez is gonna light him up barring something crazy happening. Which would be 2 fights in a row where it happened for Davis. Can't see it.

jackson is also 37 vs 25 years old, i rather pass. its low level mma.

jackson is also 37 vs 25 years old, i rather pass. its low level mma.
He also got dropped in less than a minute by the rawest version of Gall. Pete is just going to blitz him and get him out of there quick.

I might throw his 1st round prop on some parlays, but that's as far as I'll go I think.

Was a DQ wasn't it? Jackson was gonna get smoked in that one iirc but it had a weird DQ?

Jackson couldn't finish CM Punk. Rodriguez is gonna light him up barring something crazy happening. Which would be 2 fights in a row where it happened for Davis. Can't see it.
Yeah DQ fucked me, dude was an idiot.

Is Pete an idiot? Lol

He also got dropped in less than a minute by the rawest version of Gall. Pete is just going to blitz him and get him out of there quick.

I might throw his 1st round prop on some parlays, but that's as far as I'll go I think.
tail you there, its a good kicker to a parlay.

Hughes (+170) over Rodriguez seems like it could be something.

Hansen was able to ground Rodriguez in that first round, and Hughes has used her takedowns to win against Istela Nunes and Elise Reed. Neither of those names are particularly impressive, but Hughes’ willingness to mix in takedowns to win rounds since moving to Fortis has me thinking she can grit out a win here. Plus Rodriguez has never won by sub in her career, so hitting something off of her back seems doubtful. Hughes is also a bit bigger at 5’5 vs 5’3, which should help.

Pete got thrown to the wolves and fed to JDM in his first ufc fight, he actually landed a couple of nice shots and goes to the body frequently. This is a softball for him after getting his face butchered on short notice. Not a playable fight imo.

what's the arguments against Alonzo Menifield?

he's gassy , but how or what threat does Misha pose?

what's the arguments against Alonzo Menifield?

he's gassy , but how or what threat does Misha pose?
Probably not much, Alonzo is pretty hard to take down and Misha is too brittle to back in this matchup imo. If you don't want to rely on Menifield then the under might be a play that's worth it since it should cover both guys' ptv. Misha is kill or be killed most of the time.

Probably not much, Alonzo is pretty hard to take down and Misha is too brittle to back in this matchup imo. If you don't want to rely on Menifield then the under might be a play that's worth it since it should cover both guys' ptv. Misha is kill or be killed most of the time.
that's true. i''l parlay that under. i've been looking at misha's older fights to see if he has diminished since, all i notice is how easy he tumbles from a punch, i'm expecting Menifield to walk away with a ko but after 2nd half rnd i'm going to be very sweaty.

that's true. i''l parlay that under. i've been looking at misha's older fights to see if he has diminished since, all i notice is how easy he tumbles from a punch, i'm expecting Menifield to walk away with a ko but after 2nd half rnd i'm going to be very sweaty.
Yeah, only worry is him turning in a performance like in the Ed Herman fight, or following a wrestling gameplan and somehow stalemating, but I think the fight will follow the simple dynamic of Misha getting punched hard and turtling up.

Back