News Strickland vs DDP at 297; Volk vs Topuria at 298; O'Malley vs Chito at 299 (Official)

Who wins?

• Total voters
If this was one-nostril DDP I'd agree but two-nostril DDP after the surgery is a PROBLEM! :eek:
It'll be interesting too see if he does look any different cardio wise, but he definitely was already looking like he was getting tired in round 2 against Whittaker before he connected.

Volk being booked before Islam, is just plain bad.

Islam should go to Brazil and fight the rematch on Olive's turf.

Khazmat should be shelved if he cant get in the US/Can.

Seriously letting the Saudi's control the company so much and Dubai is only gonna be bad for the sport. what little sport is left anyway

Very tough fight to call. I feel like we still don't have a full read on Du Plessis as the Whittaker win (while legitimate) is probably not an accurate representation of how his fights will normally go. Strickland is one of those Bisping like fighters who doesn't excel at any one thing but takedown defense/cardio/staying busy can carry you pretty far in mma.

I'll take Strickland via decision based on the hunch that many fighters have historically fallen in love with their hands after a big KO win and then strayed away from what led them to the dance. I think Du Plessis landing a big KO punch on Strickland is fairly unlikely and will become even less likely as the fight goes on so I'm saying Strickland fights smart, gets on his bike, and outboxes him for a decision

Great fight though which is rare to say nowadays

I like this matchup, kinda refreshing for the MW division which has been kinda slow to move along due to Adesanya's dominance and Whittaker's keen deputizing.

I think I'm gonna go with DDP via "he can't keep getting away with it" asspull of a stoppage <{danayeah}>

O’Malley vs Vera is not what we should be getting next. The UFC of course wants O’Malley to win. And they can hype it as O’Malley wants to avenge his only loss.

I can’t blame O’Malley, or the UFC for wanting that fight. Merab should be getting this fight. But I think he would beat O’Malley. And only the non-casual viewers actually know who Merab is. He would not be a ppv draw. It’s not a courageous move by O’Malley. It’s a business decision. I get it.

But if Merab beats Cejudo. To not give Merab the next shot after Vera would be epic bullshit.

And could you imagine if yet another cherry picking champion loses the belt. That would be funny as hell. And with zero defences.. I bet O’Malley would get the instant rematch.

How does everyone see this playing out? Can Strickland counter-off the backfoot, & will he even need to?? Does DDP look to wrestle? I'm very interested in this one!

Strickland excels against pillow-fisted fighters like Adesanya. He will get KO'd here.

Strickland will make Dricus look like an amateur if the fight makes it to championship rounds
weird take, what happens in rounds 1-3? Sean isn't out there doing triathlons is he?

Good thing the UFC came to their senses, this should be a banger.

I like Strickland but I hope Du Plessis win.

So what about Islam, does he train/fight during ramadan for UFC 300? Or wait until the summer?

Was reeally hoping we could speed up this LW division

Topuria ( Georgia ) - Volkanovski
O'Malley - Dvalishvili ( Georgia )

From such a small country, we would have two champions for the first time in history, but the money...

Yes, remind me if I'm missing something, Dvalishvili has the longest winning streak after Islam Makhachev?! - Ah, but what does it matter, Sean O'Malley chooses who he meets, not "justice". It's okay, everything will have its time.

volk will win and dvalishvili is waiting in line, not his time yet. i know you sound patriotic but seems to me that volk is not ready to lose his title just yet

The bald father hitting the fans with the matches we crave!
im-just-so-excited-adele.gif

Dana Bless!

hoping for and still / and new!

Back