Elections 1st Republican Presidential Primary Debate (8/23)

Who won the debate?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When did he lie about student loan forgiveness?
Supporters of student loan forgiveness stated that Biden knew such an act has to go through Congress.

It couldn't have been done by him alone.

So, the complaint was that he promised something he knew he had no authority to do.

Therefore, he was lying.

Looks like she is realizing they ain't going to let two Indians to advance to round two in the republican primaries.
I spent some time visiting family in northern New England this summer. As such, their TV was bombarded with political ads five months before the NH primary.

Haley's ads were all about foreign policy. Specifically, China. It was quotes from her about China as a threat and a narrator discussing how she "stood up to" and "fought" China.

I get that as ambassador to the UN (a job she had for less than two years) she has some FP experience. But, surely, she can discuss her time as governor. After all, she had that job for six years.

Plus, before politics, she was into commerce and accounting. She could have discussed the economy.

Supporters of student loan forgiveness stated that Biden knew such an act has to go through Congress.

It couldn't have been done by him alone.

So, the complaint was that he promised something he knew he had no authority to do.

Therefore, he was lying.
But he did forgive student loans though, something like $116 billion worth of student loans in fact. And in regards to general student loans, he was overruled by the SCOTUS so I don't think its fair to say he didn't try.

Step back a sec, chief. What do you think is more likely?

1. People just keep inexplicably voting for the worst people in the world (and progressively worse) for an office that most people way that they want a decent person in.
2. Whoever is in office will be called the worst person who has ever lived by the other party regardless of their personal qualities.

Seems very obvious to me that it's 2. Which means that someone's reputation before they take office should be given a lot more weight than their post-election (or campaign, really) reputation by the other party.

Are either of those points wrong? And let's take it for granted than I'm a bad person for even questioning the narrative and just answer the question without adding more commentary along those lines.

Does Joe Biden lie his ass off? Yes or no?

That's a question you won't answer directly, because you're a hack. Ask the same thing about Trump, and you wouldn't hesitate to say "yes". When it comes to Biden, it's Word Salad City.

And in regards to general student loans, he was overruled by the SCOTUS so I don't think its fair to say he didn't try.

It's fair to say that he knew he couldn't do it. Thus, him dangling that carrot out there as if he could, was a complete lie.

Wave those pompoms. Jackie's watching...

Does Joe Biden lie his ass off? Yes or no?

That's a question you won't answer directly, because you're a hack. Ask the same thing about Trump, and you wouldn't hesitate to say "yes". When it comes to Biden, it's Word Salad City.

Joe Biden has a very strong history of distorting the truth and out right lying. Trump is a 1000 times worse. There’s no comparison.

Joe Biden has a very strong history of distorting the truth and out right lying. Trump is a 1000 times worse. There’s no comparison.

So you're okay with lying, as long as it comes from your guy. Thanks for clearing that up, you oh' so ethical Liberal, you...

So you're okay with lying, as long as it comes your guy. Thanks for clearing that up.
Amazing how I didn’t say that yet it’s the perspective that you retreat to.

It’s not okay that Joe Biden had a history of distorting the truth - in particular, he plagiarized materials in law school, which is very telling about his character. He’s also flatly lied about his involvement with Hunters business matters.

It all matters, because having standards for politicians matters. And that’s exactly why the two are incomparable, because any standard you use to critique Joe Biden by, is simply not even on the same scale as the one you would need to begin to quantify Trumps transgressions.

I mean, just look at the five contradictory lies that Trump has cycled through as a defense of having the documents, he’s changed his story a million times, none of it is true, and his lawyers are on record quoting him discussing how to cover up getting caught.

LMAO

Why was he accused of not supporting Israel by another candidate and then responded with that’s not true?

I don't recall him ever saying he doesn't support Israel.

I spent some time visiting family in northern New England this summer. As such, their TV was bombarded with political ads five months before the NH primary.

Haley's ads were all about foreign policy. Specifically, China. It was quotes from her about China as a threat and a narrator discussing how she "stood up to" and "fought" China.

I get that as ambassador to the UN (a job she had for less than two years) she has some FP experience. But, surely, she can discuss her time as governor. After all, she had that job for six years.

Plus, before politics, she was into commerce and accounting. She could have discussed the economy.

When was the last time a republican candidate was selected based on their platform or experience? You have to go back to Bush Sr. If she did as you said, she would be playing a game no one cares about anymore.

It’s not okay that Joe Biden had a history of distorting the truth - in particular, he plagiarized materials in law school, which is very telling about his character. He’s also flatly lied about his involvement with Hunters business matters.

It all matters, because having standards for politicians matters. And that’s exactly why the two are incomparable

That doesn't make any sense. They're both liars, but "not comparable"...because you wouldn't want Biden's monumental felonious lies(that are still being revealed), being compared with the guy you hate.

Face it, you're just picking and choosing. You don't have any standards. You just vote Blue no matter who.

That doesn't make any sense. They're both liars, but "not comparable"...because you wouldn't want Biden's monumental felonious lies(that are still being revealed), being compared with the guy you hate.

Face it, you're just picking and choosing. You don't have any standards. You just vote Blue no matter who.

Ohhhhh so now since every politician lies we have to judge them all equally for lying and no distinctions of volume or severity can be considered?

sounds like bull shit you just made up to swerve the undeniable fact that Trump spews more lies than any politician in history

like how he lied for two years about two innocent election workers, which in court would amount to an easy defamation slam dunk

or you know, how he lied to his own lawyers about retaining documents which then caused them to mislead the FBI.

Do we have Joe Biden lying to his own lawyers to cover up a crime? Has he hit that threshold yet?

what Joe Biden lies are you sitting on?

Looks like she is realizing they ain't going to let two Indians to advance to round two in the republican primaries.

I don’t think you have any place in calling another group racist after those two comments you made. You should ask yourself why you think it’s okay to suggest how a candidate should or shouldn’t act/ look because of their race. It says more about you than anything about Tim Scott you label him as “black conservative guy” and then compare him to another candidate who had nothing else in terms of qualifications but they both happen to be black.

There are plenty ways to attack a candidate but yours was exactly what you are claiming about the GOP above.

Haley - I don't know if I have ever seen an Indian woman try so god damn hard to look like a white lady

Tim Scott - super conservative black guy. At least with Hermain Cain had charisma and quoted Pokeman. My taint has more charisma than Tim.

Last edited:
I don’t think you have any place in calling another group racist after those two comments you made. You should ask yourself why you think it’s okay to suggest how a candidate should or shouldn’t act/ look because of their race. It says more about you than anything about Tim Scott you label him as “black conservative guy” and then compare him to another candidate who had nothing else in terms of qualifications but they both happen to be black.

There are plenty ways to attack a candidate but yours was exactly what you are claiming about the GOP above.

Spicy @Lead, is the best @Lead.

Spicy @Lead, is the best @Lead.

It just something that irks me. So much goes into talking about the GOP being racist and then you get comments like that anytime there’s a minority candidate in the field. I don’t understand how people reconcile their actions in doing it. It’s either partisanship blinding them to how ignorant their comment truly is or maybe insecurity at the idea that the party might make gains with minorities at some point. Either way, it’s really ugly and I would like people to be more conscious about it. It’s happened a lot with Haley and using her middle name. I might’ve been a little more of a jerk there but I don’t think I’m in the wrong really aside from maybe persuasion.

I appreciate your posts a lot, and making threads like this and the other on this page. Obviously I am a biased, diehard trump supporter, but the forum needs people like you

If you want to spin shitty candidates some other way go ahead. There is nothing inherently racist in calling out the republican party is not going to let minorities advance to round two because the republican party hates giving any sort of power to minorities. You don't have to try hard to find so many examples of gerrymanders, dog whistling, war on drugs to strip minorities ability to vote, and remove safety nets. They are running for a position that their own party won't give them. It is like cognitive dissonance as to what they think the voter base allows. There is not a shit in hell that the woman, the black guy, or both indians has a chance at winning the nomination. It is peppering up the panel to appear to be a diverse party but if you take a look at the rallies, that is what it is. Tell me the last time a black guy, a women, and two Indians were on the panel. That is them recognizing they got an image problem. The primaries are seasoned up and the fake candidates are treated like someone they would take it and then a hard left is taken at the end and it is business as usual. The republican party has been doing this for 30 years.

It is Santis or Trump and all this is silly motions and Santis is a shitty candidate. No one in the primaries is even in the same area code of Santis or Trump and Santis is just backup for if Trump get put in jail. He is Trump 2.0.

If you feel compelled otherwise, I am free to make a wager that a white guy is going to be nominated in spite of how diverse the primaries are.

Last edited:

It all matters, because having standards for politicians matters. And that’s exactly why the two are incomparable, because any standard you use to critique Joe Biden by, is simply not even on the same scale as the one you would need to begin to quantify Trumps transgressions.

I mean, just look at the five contradictory lies that Trump has cycled through as a defense of having the documents, he’s changed his story a million times, none of it is true, and his lawyers are on record quoting him discussing how to cover up getting caught.

LMAO

One guy lies about being a C student in law school while the other guy literally creates a fake 'university' to scam people and IRS.

It's not even close. Anyone who lives in the real world understands there are shades to everything, it's not black and white. Some people will criticize the other party's president's suit color or mustard preferences if it fits their agenda.

Trump told so many lies, big and small, that he almost made it irrelevant. Trump also ran up these numbers in magnitudes compared to other presidents because of his Twitter use.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...isleading-claims-total-30573-over-four-years/

Trump’s false or misleading claims total 30,573 over 4 years

"
When The Washington Post Fact Checker team first started cataloguing President Donald Trump’s false or misleading claims, we recorded 492 suspect claims in the first 100 days of his presidency. On Nov. 2 alone, the day before the 2020 vote, Trump made 503 false or misleading claims as he barnstormed across the country in a desperate effort to win reelection.

This astonishing jump in falsehoods is the story of Trump’s tumultuous reign. By the end of his term, Trump had accumulated 30,573 untruths during his presidency — averaging about 21 erroneous claims a day.

What is especially striking is how the tsunami of untruths kept rising the longer he served as president and became increasingly unmoored from the truth.

Trump averaged about six claims a day in his first year as president, 16 claims day in his second year, 22 claims day in this third year — and 39 claims a day in his final year. Put another way, it took him 27 months to reach 10,000 claims and an additional 14 months to reach 20,000. He then exceeded the 30,000 mark less than five months later.

The fact checks in the database amount to about 5 million words and many include links to sources that debunk Trump’s statements.

The Trump claims database was nominated by the Arthur L. Carter Journalism Institute at New York University for inclusion in a list of the Top Ten Works of Journalism of the Decade. “The project is a sterling example of what journalists should do — holding the powerful accountable by using reporting and facts,” the nomination said.

"

Back