Elections Californians

Every Governor in California for the last 60 years has had recall attempt, only once successfuly, with Arnold taking over.

12% of signatures.......ooof.

<Grimes01>

We all knew your ridiculous answer was coming.

It should be obvious since I spelled out exactly how our system is broken (allows for candidates to win the governorship with 20% of the vote). I made the recommendation in my first post in this thread that if the governor loses, the lieutenant should take over. That's how it works with impeachment (were you not aware?).

Having an impeachment where the President is not allowed evidence, witnesses, or even legal representation in the House of Representatives is playing with the system, especially when they do it in one week. That's abusive. That's what you have no problem with, but you want to bitch and moan about an Newsom's recall?

You're not a credible person. Your partisan hackery is ridiculous. :)

:) "Partisan hackery" to you is just not blindly agreeing with whatever silly line the GOP is pushing this week, no? You're literally not even capable of thinking about an issue like a human; just anyone who isn't waving the pompoms is evil, and you rush to misrepresent their position so you can defend yourself against any real thought.

I’m a Californian (Republican) and naturally want him gone. I voted for Elder simply because he was the only alternative that seemingly had a shot, although even that looks highly unlikely now. California desperately needs some moderation from the far left policies that are destroying it and driving people and businesses away

:) "Partisan hackery" to you is just not blindly agreeing with whatever silly line the GOP is pushing this week, no? You're literally not even capable of thinking about an issue like a human; just anyone who isn't waving the pompoms is evil, and you rush to misrepresent their position so you can defend yourself against any real thought.

That left a mark on you. Look at you lashing out and ignoring my post, but writing around it. That's clown level. lol :)

You don't follow people very well and make some amazing assumptions. I'm not much of a GOP fan. Sorry... big miss there, as much as you want it to be so, for your continued partisan hackery. I could be an alternate on the Republican Central Committee in California, but turned it down. I find the party to be out of step and about individuals pushing themselves for power in a party that has none in California. I find people like McConnell, Graham, McCarthy, etc. to be political whores. I prefer those with anti-War, Libertarian and Constitutional elements to their messages like Rand Paul, Larry Elder, Tulsi Gabbard, and Ben Carson.

Try again. You really are not that good at this.

That left a mark on you. Look at you lashing out and ignoring my post, but writing around it. That's clown level. lol :)

What do you mean?

You don't follow people very well and make some amazing assumptions. I'm not much of a GOP fan. Sorry... big miss there, as much as you want it to be so, for your continued partisan hackery.

Wow. That's heroic lack of self-knowledge.

I could be an alternate on the Republican Central Committee in California, but turned it down. I find the party to be out of step and about individuals pushing themselves for power in a party that has none in California. I find people like McConnell, Graham, McCarthy, etc. to be political whores. I prefer those with anti-War, Libertarian and Constitutional elements to their messages like Rand Paul, Larry Elder, Tulsi Gabbard, and Ben Carson.

Try again. You really are not that good at this.

I'm great at it (you were in the other thread defending McCarthy's authoritarianism, you've posted a bunch of ridiculous propaganda in this thread, you're mostly just a meme poster, where you seem to have an endless supply of unfunny Republican propaganda material, etc.). Interesting how you keep changing the subject rather than simply acknowledging points. Do you even disagree that the recall process is dumb and broken or that Republicans were planning to recall Newsom before he even took office?

What do you mean?

Wow. That's heroic lack of self-knowledge.

I'm great at it (you were in the other thread defending McCarthy's authoritarianism, you've posted a bunch of ridiculous propaganda in this thread, you're mostly just a meme poster, where you seem to have an endless supply of unfunny Republican propaganda material, etc.). Interesting how you keep changing the subject rather than simply acknowledging points. Do you even disagree that the recall process is dumb and broken or that Republicans were planning to recall Newsom before he even took office?

Like I said, I am into Constitutionality. I was not defending McCarthy, but defending the 4th Amendment. The only Authoritarians are people like you that want to search private citizens against the 4th Amendment. You are shitting on the Bill of Rights for partisan reasons.

Sorry... you got marked up badly in that thread too. I am surprised you are so unaware that you looked like a partisan moron there too. Again, you are not very good at this, but somehow think you are.

i signed the recall petition and voted yes to recall him. Went with elder just because he seemed to be the favorite. I do think the recall is a dumb process though. But I lean right and I dont like gavin so if given the choice, yeah Im gonna vote to remove him. My main justifications are that he doesnt respect the democratic process (california passed a prop just in 2016 to keep the death penalty in place and newsome said he didnt care what the califonira voters think, its his call on that). ALso we just wasted anywhere from 12-31 billion in fraudulent edd claims just since the pandemic started including 400 million to prisoners, and this was despite an independent company making recommendations to fix the states broken edd system pre-pandemic which newsome ignored the advice given to him and the result is 31 billion out the window. Add in the soft on crime approach while crimes rise and yeah, this state needs to get some balance in place, even if it just last a year or so.

No, he's doing great.

There's a dumb law that makes it much easier for Republicans to win the governor's mansion by recalling the governor than by winning a regular election. Newsom beat Cox by 24 points, and he'd beat Elder by even more, but if he loses the recall, a candidate with 20% support can become governor. So the smart move for Republicans is just to not really waste money trying to win the election, and smear the winner and hope to get his approval underwater so they can get a win in a recall and put an unpopular candidate in power. If they just fix it so the lt. gov. becomes gov. after a recall, we wouldn't see this idiocy. Also, it's an attempt to try to hurt his career, as some Republicans around here are scared he'll be president someday.
None of these Republicans would have a chance outside of a recall, but let’s be honest, Democrats are the ones giving Republicans a chance by telling people not to choose a replacement candidate should Newsom be recalled. If Newsom were to lose and Elder take over, it could almost be exclusively attributed to that guidance

Like I said, I am into Constitutionality. I was not defending McCarthy, but defending the 4th Amendment. The only Authoritarians are people like you that want to search private citizens against the 4th Amendment. You are shitting on the Bill of Rights for partisan reasons.

The 4th Amendment didn't come into play there, though. And even if you think it did, the appropriate move for McCarthy would be a legal challenge.

Sorry... you got marked up badly in that thread too. I am surprised you are so unaware that you looked like a partisan moron there too. Again, you are not very good at this, but somehow think you are.

That thread was another example (in addition to this one) of you repeating an absurd line that you can't possibly believe because it's coming from your party. Likewise with the defense of Trump. Etc.

None of these Republicans would have a chance outside of a recall, but let’s be honest, Democrats are the ones giving Republicans a chance by telling people not to choose a replacement candidate should Newsom be recalled. If Newsom were to lose and Elder take over, it could almost be exclusively attributed to that guidance

The issue there is if they were to back a replacement candidate, they could divide the vote and make a recall more likely. Like I said, it's just a bad system. Makes sense for Republicans to play it the way they are (assuming no actual sense of, like, right and wrong), but we shouldn't have to pretend it's for any particular cause or has anything to do with Newsom's performance.

The issue there is if they were to back a replacement candidate, they could divide the vote and make a recall more likely. Like I said, it's just a bad system. Makes sense for Republicans to play it the way they are (assuming no actual sense of, like, right and wrong), but we shouldn't have to pretend it's for any particular cause or has anything to do with Newsom's performance.
What’s wrong with making a recall more likely if that’s what the people want? If most want him gone, he should go. And people from all parties should pick their preferred replacement. That would go a long way in ensuring a Democrat replaces him (if that’s what the people want)

@Whippy McGee is 100% a meme poster.

lmfao that is such a spot on analysis of him.

5mbixf.jpg

You add so little. Zero content, nothing on topic, just a barbie cheerleader, because you have no substance on a regular basis.

You're likely not from California, have little clue on how bad it really is since the Democrats took total control, and have not had a despot governor that puts out draconian authoritarian mandates that he doesn't follow himself. He's despot and needs to go.

Also, thanks for mentioning the Meme Thread. For anyone that hasn't seen the recent version, please take a look.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/meme-thread-v-76-have-you-seen-me.4203419/

It's fun to laugh at Leftists... they really have a hard time creating any decent memes.

What’s wrong with making a recall more likely if that’s what the people want? If most want him gone, he should go. And people from all parties should pick their preferred replacement. That would go a long way in ensuring a Democrat replaces him (if that’s what the people want)

It's not what the people want unless their choices are presented in that odd way. Newsom got 62% of the vote when he ran in a fair race. He'd do even better against Elder, and he'd certainly beat any other Democratic candidate one-on-one. But if you have this mess of a ballot where if "anyone but Newsom" beats Newsom, and then someone can win with 20% of the vote, he could lose. It's a dumb system. What's wrong with elections every four years or impeachment if someone does something egregiously bad? Or, again, have a recall option but just make it be like impeachment/removal, with the Lt. Gov. taking over. The current system is designed to encourage frivolous recalls and to make it fairly easy for them to get on the ballot.

5mbixf.jpg

You add so little. Zero content, nothing on topic, just a barbie cheerleader, because you have no substance on a regular basis.

You're likely not from California, have little clue on how bad it really is since the Democrats took total control, and have not had a despot governor that puts out draconian authoritarian mandates that he doesn't follow himself. He's despot and needs to go.

Also, thanks for mentioning the Meme Thread. For anyone that hasn't seen the recent version, please take a look.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/meme-thread-v-76-have-you-seen-me.4203419/

It's fun to laugh at Leftists... they really have a hard time creating any decent memes.

Let me get this straight. You think the election was stolen, the vaccines don’t work, Jan 6th wasn’t a big deal but if it was it was ANTIFA who did it, and Bill Gates might inject you with control-bots but I’m the one that adds so little.

Lmao

despot you say? You couldn’t be more of a pearl clutching baby. Because Newsom doesn’t want the delta to ravage the state that makes him “cruel and oppressive.”

Yes yes, what would we ever do without your spot on analysis of daily life.

It's not what the people want unless their choices are presented in that odd way. Newsom got 62% of the vote when he ran in a fair race. He'd do even better against Elder, and he'd certainly beat any other Democratic candidate one-on-one. But if you have this mess of a ballot where if "anyone but Newsom" beats Newsom, and then someone can win with 20% of the vote, he could lose. It's a dumb system. What's wrong with elections every four years or impeachment if someone does something egregiously bad? Or, again, have a recall option but just make it be like impeachment/removal, with the Lt. Gov. taking over.
I’m just not convinced it would make any difference if Democrats weren’t actively encouraging people not to pick a replacement. It seems like saving Newsom has been prioritized over keeping a Democrat in power. I agree though that it’s too easy to attempt to recall a governor here

Let me get this straight. You think the election was stolen, the vaccines don’t work, Jan 6th wasn’t a big deal but if it was it was ANTIFA who did it, and Bill Gates might inject you with control-bots but I’m the one that adds so little.

Lmao

(1) I've never claimed the election was stolen. I have claimed it was rigged with Unrequested Mail in Ballots that have no chain of custody, MSM withholding information and lying, Big Tech withholding information and lying.

(2) Vaccines work. I would consider J&J if I didn't have natural antibodies. The issue with vaccines is that they only seem to work for a short time. Let's all hope that improves.

(3) Jan 6, was only a big deal for anti-Trump pussies. There was no real threat... just some idiots that chanted crap and went where they should not have gone.

(4) Bill Gates is a billionaire that knows technology, not everything else. Although, I do like his position on SMRs and think Trump screwed that up. I don't know WTF you are talking about with the control-bots. It's likely just more dipshittery from you.

But... here you are again... not talking about the topic, but talking about the member and even then getting it totally wrong.

Lmao

Dude believes or at least claims to believe every bit of craziness that comes out of Republicans, but then denies being a hack. It's weird shit. Also defends Trump on Russia (and lies about what the objection is), defends him on Ukraine, etc.

Dude believes or at least claims to believe every bit of craziness that comes out of Republicans, but then denies being a hack. It's weird shit. Also defends Trump on Russia (and lies about what the objection is), defends him on Ukraine, etc.

He would welcome a russian authoritarian strong man type with open arms. Without hesitation he’d bend the knee. These people are mentally deranged and will believe in anything but reality.

I mean we’re gonna be 2 years into a pandemic and we still can’t get them on board. You do the math here.

(1) I've never claimed the election was stolen. I have claimed it was rigged with Unrequested Mail in Ballots that have no chain of custody, MSM withholding information and lying, Big Tech withholding information and lying.

(2) Vaccines work. I would consider J&J if I didn't have natural antibodies. The issue with vaccines is that they only seem to work for a short time. Let's all hope that improves.

(3) Jan 6, was only a big deal for anti-Trump pussies. There was no real threat... just some idiots that chanted crap and went where they should not have gone.

(4) Bill Gates is a billionaire that knows technology, not everything else. Although, I do like his position on SMRs and think Trump screwed that up. I don't know WTF you are talking about with the control-bots. It's likely just more dipshittery from you.

But... here you are again... not talking about the topic, but talking about the member and even then getting it totally wrong.

you’re like a caricature come to life.

Back