Elections Californians

The hacking/Wikileaks thing was the main focus of their attack on America.

Oh... Julian Assange is a Russian actor. Got it... and got your new profile pic.

Tin_Foil_Hat.jpg

Russia spent $400K on Facebook posts to generate pro and anti Trump actions. Their goal was division. One resulted in an anti-Trump protest. If you think their tiny spend compared to Hillary Clinton's $1 Billion + spend was effective in changing anything, then you are truly a moron.

Russia spent. .04% of what Hillary Clinton spent... OMG! They altered the election!
<LikeReally5>

So you confirm they meddled in the election.

I suggest you actually do some research about it because you have you head far up your behind.

lol... good on you.

You do know we can buy weed for recreation throughout the state? What is the need for reform? I am asking honestly... you peaked my curiosity.
you are very wrong. Most counties in california have banned dispensaries due to the poorly-written Prop64 allowing individual counties and cities to effectively “opt out” of legalization. This creates massive “dry regions” where california residents have to drive up to 100 miles to go to a dispensary.

in addition, Prop64 is designed to take out small farmers. It bans farm-to-consumer sales and forces farms to go through distributors and licensed dispensaries. This puts farmers at the mercy of middlemen. The wholesale price of cannabis is lower than ever, and many small farms in northern california are closing down, meanwhile the retail/consumer market is higher than ever, people are paying double what they paid at the dispenary 5 years ago for what is now worse product…

Product in dispensaries has to go through a series of middlemen, as well as a laboratory test, before it can go on the shelf. Therefore it is not fresh by the time it reaches the consumer. The lab testing is also another barrier for small-time cannabis farmers, as literally no other crop requires it, and the costs are particularly hard to absorb if you arent backed by big investors.

I could keep going about all the flaws of prop64, but i dont have time. It is one of the worst things to ever happen to the california cannabis community. Get ready for all your weed to be grown by megafarms and sold by big chains, cuz everything else is still illegal.

BTW all that tax money they get from legal weed just goes back to law enforcement to bust illegal operations (anyone who is unable to get licensed). Californians are still going to jail for cannabis all the time. Prop 64 is a scam and unfortunately most of the voters fell for it because slick fucks like Gavin Newsome told them it was the progressive thing to do.

Last edited:
Oh... Julian Assange is a Russian actor. Got it... and got your new profile pic.

Um, OK, but Russia hacked private communications of Americans (illegally) and disseminated them in a way that was designed to help Trump (and Trump's campaign shared confidential polling data with Russia). You might think it's OK, but you should at least understand that when people talk about meddling, that's the main thing.

Californian checking in.

Newsome is a scumbag despot. He failed us on CV-19. He failed us on Education. He failed us on Homelessness. He failed us on zoning. He failed us on Energy. He failed us on Water.

How anyone wants to keep him around is insane. Larry Elder is the right choice. He will only be in office for some months and it would be great for Californians to see if a Conservative/Libertarian would serve them better than Establishment Leftists that are about their power and control over the citizens.

Newsom is just a pile of entitled shit.

You're from California? What r u doin here?

Why don't you get on San Vicente, take it to the 10, then switch over to the 405 N, and let it dump you off on Mulholland where you belong?

you are very wrong. Most counties in california have banned dispensaries due to the poorly-written Prop64 allowing individual counties and cities to effectively “opt out” of legalization. This creates massive “dry regions” where california residents have to drive up to 100 miles to go to a dispensary.

in addition, Prop64 is designed to take out small farmers. It bans farm-to-consumer sales and forces farms to go through distributors and licensed dispensaries. This puts farmers at the mercy of middlemen. The wholesale price of cannabis is lower than ever, and many small farms in northern california are closing down, meanwhile the retail/consumer market is higher than ever, people are paying double what they paid at the dispenary 5 years ago for what is now worse product…

Product in dispensaries has to go through a series of middlemen, as well as a laboratory test, before it can go on the shelf. Therefore it is not fresh by the time it reaches the consumer. The lab testing is also another barrier for small-time cannabis farmers, as literally no other crop requires it, and the costs are particularly hard to absorb if you arent backed by big investors.

I could keep going about all the flaws of prop64, but i dont have time. It is one of the worst things to ever happen to the california cannabis community. Get ready for all your weed to be grown by megafarms and sold by big chains, cuz everything else is still illegal.

Thanks for educating me. I did not know any of that... it is not a topic I have followed. I know there are many dispensaries around here in the O.C. I didn't realize the restrictions elsewhere. I agree with you on the topic.

Growing it is not too expensive. My Step-Dad (was a father to me - RIP) grew it on a piece of property he bought on Island Mountain. I think it was Humboldt County, but I was only 16 and did spend a few weeks there learning all about it. They lost 1/3 of their crop to rippers, 1/3 to CAMP (Feds + Local Law Enforcement) and they harvested 1/3. He told me later that was what he expected. Again, that was well over 2 decades ago, so I know it's all changed. But, growing it is not too difficult, having the government involved is.

Thanks for educating me. I did not know any of that... it is not a topic I have followed. I know there are many dispensaries around here in the O.C. I didn't realize the restrictions elsewhere. I agree with you on the topic.

Growing it is not too expensive. My Step-Dad (was a father to me - RIP) grew it on a piece of property he bought on Island Mountain. I think it was Humboldt County, but I was only 16 and did spend a few weeks there learning all about it. They lost 1/3 of their crop to rippers, 1/3 to CAMP (Feds + Local Law Enforcement) and they harvested 1/3. He told me later that was what he expected. Again, that was well over 2 decades ago, so I know it's all changed. But, growing it is not too difficult, having the government involved is.
unfortunately most of the voters had no idea what they were really doing when they passed Prop 64. There was a big misinformation campaign by Newsome, Sean Parker, etc….

The odds of the issue being addressed anytime soon are very slim, unfortunately. Everyone is distracted, meanwhile small farms are shutting down every day, and regular people are being denied access to the industry, not to mention the price increase and quality decrease for recreational and medical users.

That's another aspect of this. Republicans are counting on their voters being more motivated and on everyone else being complacent.

See, this illustrates the issue. The plan was to get the recall on the ballot and the justifications were to come later. Without nitpicking the details, does anyone think that the governor eating out or having his kids in private school justify a recall? Of course not. People should just be honest and say that they're Republicans and would prefer that the governor be a Republican, and since Republicans are very unlikely to win a gubernatorial race in CA, the recall is their best option. By having to pretend that Newsom actually did something to justify a recall, they just make themselves look ridiculous (the last line was particularly funny--"Newsom isn't left-wing enough so I want to put a rightist extremist in office").

In the end, the rule is on the books.
People followed the legal process for a recall. Can't hate the player.

In the end, the rule is on the books.
People followed the legal process for a recall. Can't hate the player.

Sure, it's a bad system, but they're playing within it. Just funny that they're pretending that it's based on something particular he did rather than just that they don't want any non-Republican governor. The petition was started in early 2020. Not like, for example, anyone expected Newsom to fix homelessness within a year of taking office or like it actually had anything to do with the pandemic response or him having his kids in private school. Generally, I support honest disagreement.

Sure, it's a bad system, but they're playing within it. Just funny that they're pretending that it's based on something particular he did rather than just that they don't want any non-Republican governor. The petition was started in early 2020. Not like, for example, anyone expected Newsom to fix homelessness within a year of taking office or like it actually had anything to do with the pandemic response or him having his kids in private school. Generally, I support honest disagreement.

Were you in favor of the Democrats "playing" with the process during their "Impeachments"?

Last edited:
Smug knocks it on the head completely. He's a good looking guy with a really good speech voice and I was suckered in completely. Debonair, suave. But I reckon a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Don't tell me this pandering video doesn't make you sick... It's ultra cringe...

Dude is just a talking point machine with no actual policy

Huh? There's zero chance that if Newsom is recalled a Democrat will replace him. There aren't even any serious Democratic candidates on the ballot. And the notion that the governor should be recalled because he ate out or has kids in private school is too stupid for words. Again, people should just be honest about what's going on.

Yeah that is not true. A democrat will be elected again for sure

Californians are not going to elect some GOP tard. Newsom has massive corruption going on more than eating out. Others have listed it

It is observable.

Republicans feel they should run every branch of government in the United States and they’ll do almost anything to make sure that happens.

Didn’t something just happen or am
I mistaken, like overturning the presidential election based off of lies and at some point some people tried to take over the capital. What am I thinking of here? Hmmmm

Or something about not allowing a president to choose a Supreme Court justice during and election year.

The GOP certainly wants to try to sneak a Republican in but it wont happen. And even if it did its more about sending a message that Nunes shouldnt be above the law. Also Dem supermajority in State House and Senate and only having what a year left before another elecrion righr?

We critize Trump and others for lawlessness and Dems rightfully removed Cuomo (though it took Sexual inapropriateness on his part) now it is time we do the same in California.

Basically I havent heard any good defense Newsom except that if he is removed then "maybe" a republican gets elected

Until they repeal prop 47 (which elder said he would do) California will continue to be a POS. You cant make crime legal and pretend the issue is something else.

Were you in favor of the Democrats "playing" with the process during their "Impeachments"?

Well, they didn't (Trump's impeachments were both richly deserved, as you know), and it's a totally different system. The problem with the recall process is that it has a new election with the recall, and there are a bunch of candidates running on the same ballot and only a plurality requirement. So, as I said, if the president's approval falls slightly underwater, we could get a new governor with 20% approval. The presidential impeachment process is much stricter and more difficult, and if a president is removed from office, the vice president becomes president so a frivolous impeachment (even if it could get through) wouldn't lead to a change of partisan control. California should adopt a similar process to prevent the system from being abused again.

Yeah that is not true. A democrat will be elected again for sure

Californians are not going to elect some GOP tard. Newsom has massive corruption going on more than eating out. Others have listed it

It is observable.

Um, what Democrat? As I already told you, there aren't any serious Democratic candidates on the ballot. If Newsom is recalled, Elder will be the governor, even if he gets less than 20% of the vote.

No, there's been no corruption at all. One guy made some crazy claim about embezzlement, but mostly people's defense of their pro-recall view is just empty posting or personal attacks of people who are being reasonable here.

The GOP certainly wants to try to sneak a Republican in but it wont happen.

I don't think you get how the process works. We got one ballot. There's a yes/no on recall on one side, and on the other side, you pick from a huge number of candidates. If yes wins, the candidate who gets the most votes out of the other bunch becomes governor. No one is really running strong there, but Elder will win with around 20% if yes wins. There's no Democratic alternative.

Well, they didn't (Trump's impeachments were both richly deserved, as you know), and it's a totally different system. The problem with the recall process is that it has a new election with the recall, and there are a bunch of candidates running on the same ballot and only a plurality requirement. So, as I said, if the president's approval falls slightly underwater, we could get a new governor with 20% approval. The presidential impeachment process is much stricter and more difficult, and if a president is removed from office, the vice president becomes president so a frivolous impeachment (even if it could get through) wouldn't lead to a change of partisan control. California should adopt a similar process to prevent the system from being abused again.

We all knew your ridiculous answer was coming.

Having an impeachment where the President is not allowed evidence, witnesses, or even legal representation in the House of Representatives is playing with the system, especially when they do it in one week. That's abusive. That's what you have no problem with, but you want to bitch and moan about an Newsom's recall?

You're not a credible person. Your partisan hackery is ridiculous. :)

LOL @ the recall process being setup by dipshit progressives and Hack Savage having to eat that for life. Man that must sting bro.

Back