UFC Sao Paulo: Curtis Blaydes vs Jailton Almeida, Brazil, November 4

He deserves love for gleefully boasting about taking away a fighters ability to earn an income?

Pichel knew he was going to get smashed and didn't want to fight lets just call a spade a spade.
Its up to his opponent to make weight. Your anger is misplaced

A -500 favorite not making weight in his home country is a bad look is all I’ll say

Its up to his opponent to make weight. Your anger is misplaced

Trust me I am not angry about there being one less Vinc Pichel fight to watch. I just am not going to cheerlead a clearly washed fighter for boasting about taking away a mans ability to earn a living.

Montseratt Ruiz's opponent missed weight by the same amount and she still took the fight because thats what fighters still interested in fighting do. Kudos to her for doing so.

Trust me I am not angry about there being one less Vinc Pichel fight to watch. I just am not going to cheerlead a clearly washed fighter for boasting about taking away a mans ability to earn a living.

Montseratt Ruiz's opponent missed weight by the same amount and she still took the fight because thats what fighters still interested in fighting do. Kudos to her for doing so.

I'm not a fan of Pichel's fighting style, but he's clearly the one in the right here. He may be past his prime now and on the decline. Who knows - this could be his last fight. If you are him, do you really want to go out against a younger, up and coming guy at home who missed weight badly? Meanwhile, you have other older guys like Guida, Elkins, Miller, etc. extending their careers by having very manageable fights in there. It's the smart business move and personal move, which is exactly what a lot more fighters need to think about. If I'm his manager, I'd surely tell him to not take the fight and try to get on another card quickly.

Your post makes no sense. It removes all accountability from the guy who wasn't doing his job.

Posting here because there isn’t a thread for Superior Challenge.

Am I wrong for smashing Karl Albrektsson on this spot @1,25? Ederson is a very average regional fighter and he’s old. Ederson also suffered a very nasty knockout loss less than 3 months ago. If Karl didn’t “lose” to Grant Neal in his last performance he’d be closed to 1,10 at this spot.

Rodolfo Vieira (9-2) Vs Armen Petrosyan (9-2)

The UFC returns to São Paulo after 5 years with an excellent fight night card.

Kicking off the main card is a classic showdown between a grappler and a striker.

Both fighters boast identical records and are close in age.

Rodolfo is a blackbelt ace and 8 of his 9 wins have come via submission.

On the other hand, Armen is a highly skilled striker, and he clearly has the advantage in terms of height and size.

My prediction is for Rodolfo to look to take this to the ground very early.

I think he will get the takedown and eventually be able to find a submission.

Pick: Rodolfo Vieira ML (-116)

Back